What's new

Smoking In Sub-Freezing Temps

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
22 degrees in Jersey right now, and I just came in from smoking a Diesel UC. Packable down jacket, Dickie insulated coveralls, knit hat, glove on my right hand, and my single tank top propane heater, sitting on a bucket, set on "low", just to keep my face and cigar hand warm. Very comfortable. Any other idiots smoking outside in these temps?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I lived in 'Butte, MT for about a year, it got to -41 with the wind chill. Keeping warm was my priority, did not do many Cigars in winter.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sitting on my front patio here just outside Phoenix. Was trying to resist the urge to comment, but a girl just came by wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sandals, taking her dog for a walk. Stay warm back there guys.

I am not far from you but the girls in the neighborhood, are seniors 70's, 80's, and 90's and not much to look at. Feel sorry for the people dealing with extreme weather, while we are comfortable.

Several years back there was a reality show called, Highway from Hell, about the Tow-Truck Drivers experiencing Winter on Donner Summit, Truckee CA Area. Real living winter hell.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Fortunately, my garage has a nice gas heater mounted on the ceiling. It makes it much more tolerable to smoke in. On the flipside, last night I discovered the bottom rubber molding on the garage door isn't sealing completely on the floor. It was sub zero and there was a definite draft blowing across the floor.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sure it's nothing like the sub-zero weather you guys are experiencing but we have 40 degrees 89% humidity and rain. Overcast skies, dank, dark all week long, penetrating cold. I'm hoping the extreme cold at least pulls the stick-to-it-ness of the dampness out of the air.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm sure it's nothing like the sub-zero weather you guys are experiencing but we have 40 degrees 89% humidity and rain. Overcast skies, dank, dark all week long, penetrating cold. I'm hoping the extreme cold at least pulls the stick-to-it-ness of the dampness out of the air.
Did you just call 40 degrees, "extreme cold".... :meh::bored::punch::facepalm::finger::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I think my serotonin levels dropped just reading that. Somewhere in my family tree, one of my ancestors must have managed to breed with a plant. I need sunlight. Hope things dry out for you.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I was referring to the extreme cold up north. Does 20 degrees with no humidity feel as cold as 40 degrees with 89%. I know they say 100 degrees in Arizona isn't as hot as 90 degree in SE Louisiana
Yeah, that southwest "dry heat" is all well and good till you touch something metal........
There is no humidity at 20 degrees.......
20 is my misery index. Above it, I can deal. Below it, I'm a grouchy uncomfortable bastard.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I was referring to the extreme cold up north. Does 20 degrees with no humidity feel as cold as 40 degrees with 89%. I know they say 100 degrees in Arizona isn't as hot as 90 degree in SE Louisiana
Spent a good portion of my life in Az. No getting around it, summer in Phoenix sucks, but I can say without reservation that the worst summers of my life were spent in Texas, Alabama, and Mississippi. Humidity makes everything worse.

Last edited: