What's new

Smoking in the car?

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I just bought my current car about five months ago. I was curious if it would be a bad idea to smoke cigars in it? Would it kill the resale value? If I only smoke in it on rare occasions like a few times a year would the smoke mess up my car?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm pretty sure it will make it stink like cigars. My wife has asthma so I never smoke in my car. My next car will be a convertible. I think then I will be OK to smoke if she is not with me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make sure you have seat covers that can handle a little hot ash and a wide-mouth ashtray (Some decent ones out there that fit in your cup holder). I agree with the above reply too, convertible would be the best option if possible.

Drove to Phoenix to see Van Halen yesterday and we were all smoking Corona sized cigars, ash falling on its own became a big problem... especially for the driver!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Make sure you get a wide mouth ash tray and clean the interior well. Nicotine can cause surfaces to get sticky and stain. A few times a year shouldn't kill the value.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think a few times a year would hurt. I do it every now and then only when I can put my windows all the way down. I have leather as well which is probably better then cloth. Keep you windows down all day even when your not driving if possible

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I drive a $1500 car for a reason. If it's already fully depreciated, a little cigar smoke can't hurt anything!

If you smoke rarely, crack the windows enough to pull air out as you drive, NEVER use the air re-circulator,
make sure any ash is quickly vacuumed, use Ozium or a similar type spray, and -this is crucial- let it air out well, it should be fine. You still can't tell that I smoke in my Accord, though when I eventually stop with the rigamarole it will start to smell. My last car, an old Protege, smelled very much like cigars because I stopped caring. It too was already fully depreciated. :)

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I miss my piece of shit car for the simple fact that I smoked in it lol. Now that I have two new cars the misses forbids me to smoke in them.

But yeah make sure you dump ash ASAP and have ozium or similar and smoke with windows down. And you'll be good.

Just like every one says.

Also a good vacuum now and then helps.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smoke all the time in the car, one of my favorite places to smoke. Crack the drivers window, turn on fresh air on the floor, get a xikar travel ashtray and smoke away pal. Never fuck with the band while driving, get a good torch and light and retouch your stix above the steeling wheel, with your hands still on it. Dropping a cigar while moving is hairy, don't do it. Clean out the ashtray when you get out of your car, that will stink to high hell. Generally I take the band off and just chuck them on the street, I rationalize that's it's just leafs and they belong outside anyway.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried smoking in my car and found it was too distracting and not very enjoyable. Made me feel like a cigarette smoker.

Sometimes I have long, two hour drives and I figured a cigar or two along the way would pass the time nicely. Good in theory but just didn't work out for me.

Having said that, I didn't notice any lingering odor but then I didn't smoke with the windows up.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use my truck all the time. Granted Im usually sitting still. Its the most comfortable place to sit and have a stick at work. I just leave the windows open, ash out the window and have a febreze air freshener. It kinda does right now but I havent febreezed the interior lately

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
No smoking in the car for me.

1. kids
2. Wife hates the smell
3. Resale value

Would be interested to know if people have a "smoking car" and a "family car"?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
No smoking in the car for me.

1. kids
2. Wife hates the smell
3. Resale value

Would be interested to know if people have a "smoking car" and a "family car"?
Our Tahoe is our family vehicle for trips and weekend driving. The FJ cruiser is only driven by me and on weekends whenever we go to the gym and want to save gas so I smoke in it daily. I bought my cars to enjoy them, not to worry about resale value. Feel me? :)

But I never smoke in the Tahoe since our son is a passenger in it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have several family vehicles. Our old Dodge pick-up is the one where I smoke cigars. It was greatly appreciated all winter when the temps really dropped & I felt like a stoggie. That truck will never be gotten rid of, ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro