What's new

Smoking Jacket

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Who owns one?

Me, I own several. And I wear them sometimes too!

Heff, you may step aside ... I've got a couple of twins to visit in your bedroom. :smt045

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
When it's cold outside, any jacket I own has the potential to be a smoking jacket ;)

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I don't have one. I never gave it much thought but was the purpose of them possibly to keep the odor of cigars from clinging to your street clothes?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have an old fleece jacket I wear when I smoke.
I'm trying to keep the smoke off my clothes.
Unfortunately, my wife is not fond of my smoking.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
jeffz said:
I have an old fleece jacket I wear when I smoke.
I'm trying to keep the smoke off my clothes.
Unfortunately, my wife is not fond of my smoking.
Know what you mean. I have a "smoking sweatshirt" I keep hanging in the garage, which I made use of last night ;)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was at a Big Smoke in Chicago a few years back. There was a guy walking around in a smoking jacket....shiny silk thing. Kinda funny!

Now, if you smoked in the house, a jacket would be appropriate....but not at a large function like a BS.

In the old days, they also wore "smoking caps".....you won't catch me dead in one of those!!!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I picked up a jacket at JR's back at the end of summer/early fall to wear outside and when going to and from a Herf. It's a Monticristo barn like jacket. I leave it in the garage when I get home. I do this so my other clothes don't reek of the cigar smoke so much for the Mrs.

Boxdoctor

Jefe de la Herf
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one...my wife was a personal shopper at Marshall Fields and one day when I visited at work there was this awesome brocade Joseph Aboud smoking jacket hanging on her door. I asked who it belonged to and she told me " John in suits bought it a deep markdown and never wore it. Its been hanging here for 6 months." I made an offer to pay what he paid and I bought it for $40. The retail price was $450. I have worn it on numerous ocassions!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Boxdoctor said:
I have one...my wife was a personal shopper at Marshall Fields and one day when I visited at work there was this awesome brocade Joseph Aboud smoking jacket hanging on her door. I asked who it belonged to and she told me " John in suits bought it a deep markdown and never wore it. Its been hanging here for 6 months." I made an offer to pay what he paid and I bought it for $40. The retail price was $450. I have worn it on numerous ocassions!
Damn mark that is a great pickup!! I Joseph Abboud for only $40. :smt103 Thats god darn amazing!!! :smt045 His stuff isn't cheap but well worth the price. I own a bunch of his suits and sport jackets. Btw Jospeph spells his last name this way, Abboud. He uses to BB's.