What's new

Smoking Some Warped!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not a full blown review per say just my initial thoughts and rankings. I tried my second warped stick this past month and didn't really fall in love. More like i was intrigued. My first warped offering was la hacienda... Very very flowery not up my alley, however when i smoked la colmena amado 44 I was intrigued. My palette had never tried something so subtle and "fruity"

I wasnt sure if i liked it, coming from pepper bombs and ligas the taste was almost cubaneque. I had to try more. This past month I ordered from SMALLBATCH and was able to get the whole line. It was very interesting to smoke the line up and offerings. Many cases when smoking from a certain company/ factory you know what to expect, however with Kyle it almost seems like hes a mad blender. I say this in a good way, I can truly say you can def find a favorite in his line. It just takes patience finding the gem or gems. For the most part all his cigars varied from marca to marca. And now I will rank what I smoked and explain what i liked and what i didnt like.
In order:
Amado 44: Pro: Sweet, Creamy, Honey Goodness Cons: I should have bought more haha
Futuro- Smoking as I type Pros: Smoke Bomb and an elegant subtle pepper Nice transitions Cons: Again only have one :( lol
3rd is kind of hard because it battled el oso Papa but
Lirio Rojo- Pros--Cherry Cream Pepper Bomb!!! Cons: I wish the pepper died down a bit more as the underlying flavors where taken over by the pepper
Flor de valle- THe right amount of fruit without going overboard, Nice transitions Cons: None to be honest will order more forsure
El oso Papa- Honey, Carmel, pepper, torpedo!!! Cons: towards the end it didnt really transition much for me and was very similar to the second half.
El oso Cub: Pros Awesome size, Love Habano oscuro Cons: Super tight draw expensive considering the problem and the size
La Colmena Unico-- Great size, slightly more peppery Cons: not as refined as the amado 44 / Very delicate wrapper/ Cracked
La Colmena Black Honey-- Pro: Habano oscuro, subtle honey Cons: Not sure if it had more ligero, but wish it wasnt so much in your face. Its almost like a papa/unico love child just not as refined. Would love to see how time ages it. Again delicate wrapper
La Hacienda---Cons Very floral not my type of stogie

I a missing a few but looking forward to completing the line up!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have some Futuros and Don Reynaldos lined up. I enjoyed the El Oso Mama, my main criticism is nothing against the blend itself, simply not a tremendous fan of small RG in general. Would be interested to try a Papa to get a better sense of flavor. Depends on my mood I guess. I've also got some more La Colmena Unicos resting for a later date.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Not a full blown review per say just my initial thoughts and rankings. I tried my second warped stick this past month and didn't really fall in love. More like i was intrigued. My first warped offering was la hacienda... Very very flowery not up my alley, however when i smoked la colmena amado 44 I was intrigued. My palette had never tried something so subtle and "fruity"

I wasnt sure if i liked it, coming from pepper bombs and ligas the taste was almost cubaneque. I had to try more. This past month I ordered from SMALLBATCH and was able to get the whole line. It was very interesting to smoke the line up and offerings. Many cases when smoking from a certain company/ factory you know what to expect, however with Kyle it almost seems like hes a mad blender. I say this in a good way, I can truly say you can def find a favorite in his line. It just takes patience finding the gem or gems. For the most part all his cigars varied from marca to marca. And now I will rank what I smoked and explain what i liked and what i didnt like.
In order:
Amado 44: Pro: Sweet, Creamy, Honey Goodness Cons: I should have bought more haha
Futuro- Smoking as I type Pros: Smoke Bomb and an elegant subtle pepper Nice transitions Cons: Again only have one :( lol
3rd is kind of hard because it battled el oso Papa but
Lirio Rojo- Pros--Cherry Cream Pepper Bomb!!! Cons: I wish the pepper died down a bit more as the underlying flavors where taken over by the pepper
Flor de valle- THe right amount of fruit without going overboard, Nice transitions Cons: None to be honest will order more forsure
El oso Papa- Honey, Carmel, pepper, torpedo!!! Cons: towards the end it didnt really transition much for me and was very similar to the second half.
El oso Cub: Pros Awesome size, Love Habano oscuro Cons: Super tight draw expensive considering the problem and the size
La Colmena Unico-- Great size, slightly more peppery Cons: not as refined as the amado 44 / Very delicate wrapper/ Cracked
La Colmena Black Honey-- Pro: Habano oscuro, subtle honey Cons: Not sure if it had more ligero, but wish it wasnt so much in your face. Its almost like a papa/unico love child just not as refined. Would love to see how time ages it. Again delicate wrapper
La Hacienda---Cons Very floral not my type of stogie

I a missing a few but looking forward to completing the line up!
Where the hell did you find a black honey??

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the reviews! With Lirio I have a few concepts blended that have a more toned down approach but if they come to market, who knows.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thanks for the reviews! With Lirio I have a few concepts blended that have a more toned down approach but if they come to market, who knows.
Hope you keep turning out the current Lirio blend and size. One of my top 5 cigars this year. Even though I only smoked one, it was a definite "wow" stick.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let me know if any of those samples can be purchased would love to try those variations!