What's new

"Smoking" your baccy to dry it out?!?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So this afternoon, I went to Amarillo, and while I was in town, I decided to drop by one of the B&M's to look around. I ended up buying some house blend "English Tavern". Not a bad smoke, but lacking very much complexity. I'm really digging the Frog Morton, and this is similar, but lacks the punch of flavor on the exhale. This blend is pretty moist, so I decided to throw another bowls worth in my smoker on a paper plate, while I'm cooking some dinner to dry it out. Five minutes at 170* in applewood smoke has made this blend come to life, or so it seems. Has anyone else tried this? Maybe it's just my imagination, but it's improved the flavor quite a bit.
Along the same lines, would it hurt to dump both ounces out on the plate and dry it a little, then put it back in the bag, or would this not be advisable?
What say you, oh keepers of the pipe tobacco knowledge??

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, if you make the trek up that way again I'd get more of it if it's readily available!!!! That's awesome how it turned out for you.

And to answer your other question...I don't know. I don't want to see your baccy get ruined if you go that route. Although, resting it might give it more life with the treatment you gave it prior to smoking.