What's new

Smooch

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
The photograph below shows a red Doberman licking an exhausted fireman.

He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, while he continued to fight the fire.

She is pregnant.

The firefighter was afraid of her at first, because he had never been around a Doberman before.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.

A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina newspaper, "The Observer," noticed this red Doberman in the distance looking at the fireman.

He saw her walking straight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.

As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies, and kissed him, just as the photographer snapped this photograph.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very cool photo & story. She knew what he had done for her & knew that he deserved a thank you.

I'd be willing to bet that if she didn't see him for a long time to come, that the day she did she would be very glad & excited, and would probably offer up another kiss for the man she would still recognize.

That's what makes dogs so great!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I couldn't get the rest of the article because you have to subscribe for a fee...I will keep looking for updated info.

Source: JENNIFER WING ROTHACKER - Staff Writer, JEFF CLARK
Charlotte firefighter Jeff Clark and Cinnamon, a pregnant red Doberman, gained international exposure with this photograph snapped by the Observer's Patrick Schneider during a July 1999 house fire. Seen through wire services and the Internet, the picture has moved people around the world and is still a top reprint seller. Several readers recently wrote the Observer wanting an update. Cinnamon died in January, but staff writer Jennifer Rothacker checked in with Clark, 35.Q.

Published on April 18, 2005, Page 1B, Charlotte Observer, The (NC)