What's new

So I went to the cigar shop...

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Last night I went to one of my local B&Ms looking for the Tatuaje Regional Selection. To my dismay they have not gotten any in yet. I got into a good conversation with the shop dude and he told me he just got back from RTDA, of IPCPR, or rescue breathing, or whatever it's called now. Anyway, I asked him about all the new cigars and what the best thing about it was. He told me he got to hang out with Don Pepin and Pepin even rolled a cigar for him. He said they're getting one of 300 special edition Padilla 1932 humidors just cause Pepin loved the fact that he made a Pepin shrine on one of his humidor walls in the shop. Anyway, he let me in on a little secret. Pepin told him that he is the ONLY person that rolls his Series JJ Salomones. I don't know about the other Salomones, but it might be the same.

Anyway, to the good part. He offered to show me what he brought back. When he opened up the travel humi it was a beautiful sight. Sticks I've never seen before, and won't see for at least 4 months. He noticed I was drooling over the San Cristobal and offered it to me for a couple of my LFD Cameroon Maddies. Easy decision!!! What makes it even better is that the shops buyer was there. He went to RTDA as well and the shop dude gave him one of the LFDs. As a thank you he handed me a new Stradivarius that he got there. Let's just say I was floored!!! Awesome guys!!! I've got pics below. I'll try to review the San Cristobal next weekend for you guys. But for now, you've got to settle for the gloating!!!

Attachments

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Our B&M has a cab of the west coast version. They are pricey at $11.00 plus sales tax.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Sheep's shop in Dallas has both east coast and the west coast. He's gonna try to pick me up one of each.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yep, my local b&m has both east and west Tats....gonna pick up more.

And Jay, just for the record: you *TOTALLY* suck for getting a San Cristobal already! :angerFU:

preembargo

Support the fight! OpFTH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pleasure doing business with you but even more so, it was a pleasure talking shop with someone who appreciates the culture of the leaf as much you do. Thanks

Hmmm&#8230; you know, I may have another San Cristobal for a pair of East/West Tat&#8217;s.

Btw, I&#8217;ll fill out my profile and post an intro in the proper forum this evening.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Nice to see you in here preembargo! I hope to see you at the shop Saturday. Gotta tell you guys, he is a heck of a cigar man. And he knows his stuff!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yep - awesome B&M you have! I can't wait to try a San Cristobal. If we keep bugging you - I'm sure you'll light it sooner than later and post your thoughts! ;-)