What's new

So it begins...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The stars aligned and I found the Trijicon RMR I want for a heavy discount today.

Step 2 will be to pick up a cheap rear sight mount, and give it a test run to make sure I'm okay with chopping up a slide for it.

Assuming I like it, the next step will be to send off the selected slide(s) for an RMR mounting spot and suppressor BUIS.

The PPQ will eventually look something like this:

Though, my Fullsize M&P will probably be the first victim.

The compact might also get treated.

I'll also be working on my stippling skills over break.

Anybody else up to a new project?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
How is it running one of these as opposed to say really good night sights?
I know what they both do.. I'm speaking more on accuracy and target acquisition. Because both are essentially glowing dots,right? Excuse my ignorance...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Irons will be faster from about 5 yards, in. Or the same speed, depending how well you can shoot with the optic.
5 yards and out, the optic is faster.

Accuracy... most people show better accuracy results with the optic.

The first five minutes of this video should help you.
[video=youtube;HcR2armhilo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcR2armhilo[/video]

The dot looks something like this, depending on make and model.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I would have loved to talk more with you about guns at the Herf. Will have to do that the net time.
Definitely. Also if you ever have some questions, feel free to send them my way.
So it's a red dot, not a holo? Looks cool, I'm still drooling over the threaded barrels, stupid California.
Well... good question. I'm still slightly confused on that part of the design. I believe it's a holo in the sense that the dot is projected from the rear of the unit. But, the actual dot itself is like your standard red dot.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
A true holo is displayed everywhere on the glass but your eye picks up only one. So if it gets dirt or cracked the dot will move but still be sighted because with a holo you sight the glass not the dot...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
A true holo is displayed everywhere on the glass but your eye picks up only one. So if it gets dirt or cracked the dot will move but still be sighted because with a holo you sight the glass not the dot...
Good point. I forgot all about that. I do not believe these are a holo, just a micro RDS.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
You also get a $5 credit if somebody invites your email addy to Dvor, and you sign up through that...

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I can see the advantages for sight picture and alignment, but my skills with reloading (i use hand over) make me think this would be a little akward

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Works the same. Instead of trying to grasp entirely the slide, you use the face of the optic as a contact point.

If you skip to 7:00 on this video, you can see him use the optic to run the slide off of his holster. Same concept.
[video=youtube;4lrpFYy4hIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrpFYy4hIU[/video]

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

It's even smaller in person than I anticipated.
Slight amount of paralax, which should be interesting.