What's new

SoCal Herf date TBD

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was PMing back and forth with an LA area brother the other day, and he mentioned that there were about 6 or so of us in the "about 30-60 minute" range from LA. Just testing the waters here, but is anyone interested in meeting at a central location for a smoke?

Sure would be nice to put some faces to the names around here. Being so new to the Southern California area, I don't know the best lounges or the nicest spots, so I'm willing to defer to true locals' expertise; just trying to get the ball rolling.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I figured some suggestions would leak out, and we can hash out the details from there. I just need a couple days notice so the wife can take the kids out for a couple hours. That said, I can make just about any weekend day work.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The Havana house is by me, that might be a nice central spot since he's coming from south Orange County and you guys from West LA?

It's in Whittier. I've never been to a lounge and that's the only place I know of.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looked up reviews on Havana House, and they seem generally positive. I don't head up toward Whittier often, but that could be a decent excuse. Any other recommendations? The B&M by my house is super chill, but small and not very convenient from the LA direction.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Where do you live, socalsailor? I'm in northeastern L.A., near Pasadena. Whittier is not too far from me, and I don't know of any better places. Senor Perfecto likes the V-Cut on the west side.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I believe he's stationed in Oceanside.

There's also a lounge in downtown Fullerton but I've never been there before, that might be alittle closer for him.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Another thought is Maxamar in O.C. That's the B&M associated with the smallbatch website. I haven't been but I've heard good things.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Might be to long of a drive for sailor coming from oceanside.
If you're talking about me, I live in Seal Beach right by the 405/605 split. Calabasas is pretty far, but on a bike, traffic is a non-issue.

Date wise, the following weekend could also work.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here are some suggestions: Lounges
  • Havana Houses, Whittier and Alhambra: Alhambra location has a bigger patio, both have great parking options. (side note: Near the Alhambra location is a diner that also allows smoking in their sizable patio and also has a bar)
  • V-Cut, Melrose: Can get crowded depending the size of the group. Parking can be difficult, think Melrose area.
  • Don Lupe's, Belmont Shore, Long Beach: Cigar Lounge with their own cigars. Very chill place but again smallish depending on the size of the group.
  • There are a few more but mostly in the Orange County area.
Cigar Friendly Restaurants/bars
  • Seven/Grand Whiskey Bar, Downtown Los Angeles: They allow cigars in their patio and have a great selection of whiskeys. Full bar, numerous area parking lots.
  • Caña Rum Bar, Downtown Los Angeles: They allow cigars in their covered patio. Parking lot directly across the street. Members only but $20/year and 4 people can enter on that membership.
  • Langham Huntington, Pasadena: It's a hotel, I think it used to be a Four Seasons. Patio/Outdoor smoking smallish humidor in the bar.
That's all I have for now...