What's new

Some Assistance Please

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a pretty sweet thread I started addressing this topic, only problem it was on a forum that no longer exists (for the most part). I'm attempting to introduce my palate to Bourbon but I have no idea where to start. I guess one could clarify me as a bit of a lightweight; I mostly stick to craft beers and Malbec/ Syrah wines. I'm looking for something that will slowly ease myself into the hobby. I had some pretty good advice, but never saved any of the content, so back to square one. I also am somewhat on a budget ($50 and below), plus I would like to get myself a nice glass and some whisky stones. Any tips brothers?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
As mentioned Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare are great starting points. I also like Four Roses small batch and tonight tried Evan Williams Single Barrel and was very impressed. All under $40. Woodford is tried and true and always in my liquor cabinet. Like cigars, just dive in. Just because I like and recommend something doesn't mean you will. Have fun and good luck!

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Io was in Louisville last year and sampled some amazing bourbon. But I don't remember the names. What I do recall is that your small batches will by definition be a better product. When a barrel truly reflects the flavor of a brand They Nurture it into a small batch. Otherwise most bourbons are created by blending multiple barrels together. If your wiling to step out of the bourbon, I would suggest gentleman Jack.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
And for an inexpensive bourbon, try Larceny. Standing on its own, it's decent but, for the price, quite good! I do prefer to use it in a cocktail as opposed to drinking it straight but, even straight, it's not harsh. A really nice budget bourbon

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Woodford is very smooth and taste great on the rocks. If that is still a little too strong for your taste you could always go with a bourbon and Coke just to get your palate used to bourbon. I like a little bite to my bourbon and find that Woodford can be just a little too smooth. Lately it has been Eagle Rare and Bulleit in my glass.