What's new

Something About a Good Cigar and a Beer that Just Make the End of a Sunday Night so Pleasant.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I almost always have a cup of coffee with a splash of cream or a glass of iced tea with a cigar. With the occasional root beer or cream soda thrown in the mix.
That's sounds really good too especially for the early morning or mid day cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It's the nicotine and the alcohol in your bloodstream that makes that pleasant.

Since I started my diet I cut out sugared soda, so now it's coffee, iced tea, or sparkling water. Coffee is my favorite, but can't drink it at night, so its usually sparkling lemon water with ice. Actually pairs well with most of my favorite cigars (CCs, Eq Habano, Corojo, etc).

I found that single malt usually negated my ability to taste the cigar. I like cigars and scotch individually, but unless it was a really smooth kind of scotch, it was either overpowering the cigar or neutralizing it. Some of the sweeter, smoother stuff paired well, but my favorites (Talisker, Oban, Lagavulin) didn't mesh well. However, a good old fashioned... that pairs perfectly!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Ohh yes of course the alcohol and nicotine provide pleasantries, but it's a little more than that for me I think. One of those things that's hard to put into words exactly.

I guess not all Single Blends go good with any cigar. For me I personally like Sherry Casks like the Macallan 12yr or 18yr Sherry Casks or Balvenie's 15yr., so I can defiantly see where an Oban or Lagavulin may be a tad overpowering for many cigars.

I'm still about as new to scotch as I am to cigars...maybe 15 years experience with the occasional glass of scotch or a cigar here and there and only about 1-2 years worth of more recent serious interest and enjoyment from the both (essentially attributed to my finally having a job that allows me to enjoy the finer things in life with more frequency over the past 2-3 years).

Keep em coming BOTL's I'm still not set in my ways with my smoking habits and am always up for trying new things. I defiantly have to try some sweeter drinks to see how they go with a cigar...I know this much I'm practically drooling all over my desk at work just thinking about my evening cigar and beverage pairing.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
@Hopduro Brendon enjoys pairing his smokes with beer. I think???

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk
I cant do an IPA with a smoke. Most ipa's are so powerful, tasting that is (well alcohol as well but i dont mind that part), that they totally over power a smoke.
Oliva series V, the only cigar that i blindly have found to pair perfectly with hops ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Man, I can't stand IPAs. If you handed me an IPA with Elephant piss in it, I'd be like, "Gah! There's IPA in this!"

However, when I smoke cigars I'm usually drinking Scotch, Bourbon, Root Beer, or Water. If it's a cigar that I haven't had before, I'll always drink water with it.
Rootbeer (Both the alcoholic and N/A versions) works very well with some cigars. Love the combo with the PB5, never tried it with a CC... well time to go smoke for science!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I don't focus on the pairing too much. If I like the drink or cigar by itself I will usually be able to enjoy both together. With that said I usually do bourbon or darker beers but I will do a lighter more refreshing beer if it's hot out.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I enjoy coffee with my cigars, usually.. but Barq's root beer is a close second. I don't do too many beer+cigar pairings, simply because I'm a big IPA fan, and they don't pair too well, lol.. I do enjoy a good stiff drink, but I'm shying away from the wiskey and scotch right now because it's hot AF here in Ms.. I've really been enjoying a gin and tonic paired with l'aranja (awesome!) and CCs (good, but not as awesome)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I need to try the l'aranja I've heard that it's very good from a few people now and the owner of a local cigar shop in my area, but I haven't had the chance to make it into a cigar shop for a while because my current work schedule has me working past when the cigar shops are open. One of these days though.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
If it's beer for me, it's likely a stout or porter. Only thing I pair IPAs with is the sink.
A high quality sipping rum or bourbon works. A good port can be excellent paired with a Cuban Bolivar.
The root ber or cream soda is an excellent non-alcoholic choice. I like the brand "Stubborn", uses pure cane sugar.