What's new

Something I've noticed - burn time/quality

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have noticed lately that almost EVERY time I find a cigar to be really enjoyable, it burns really, really fast compared to other sticks, and there are never any relights needed. At this point, there are no separate tupperdors...all my sticks live in the same space at the same RH/temp (65/65), and I try to let every new arrival sit in the humi at LEAST a month before I smoke it, with most going at least three. So then what does this mean? Is it that:

1) The ones I end up liking are just well-made cigars, and well-made cigars burn well?

2) The other cigars were too wet for some weird reason and therefore didn't smoke as well?

3) Random chance?

Thoughts, y'all?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I thought maybe i was puffing it faster, but not too sure I am. It seems like even when it's sitting in the ashtray it's burning faster than normal. Hmm. I would say that I'm gonna time my puffs next time, but that would take all the fun out of my relaxation time. :ROFLMAO:
Also check out the firmness and the weight of each cigar before lighting and see if you notice anything.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe if you really, really like it your are going back to it more often and causing it to burn faster
I was just about to say this. If you're really digging the flavors my best guess is you're gonna go back to it more often. Quality can certainly play a part to burn issues but if it's just a matter of burn time i'm guessing you're going back more often