What's new

Sony Blu-ray Disc Player

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been reading about it, but I cannot justify the 1000 price tag. Plus we rarely watch movies or TV here. So I think I would wait till all the bugs are worked out once it hits the market and price comes down a bit before revisting the idea of buying one.

One of the guys I work with wants one. He already has the Hidef Tv and Satilite.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Yes we do........ and it wasn't Sony! I agree with Ted on waiting this one out. You have giant companies on both sides of this battle once again and someone will lose. The best technology doesn't always win. Beta was much better than VHS but VHS won so I'll watch this one till a decision is made.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yep, giant companies on opposite sides of the fence. Regardless of who wins I'm waiting until prices fall WAY down either way. And at the current rate of technology changing every decade I'm not going to keep up on replenishing movies. I'll just buy the player and sign up for rental services next time around.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
MichiganM said:
Yep, giant companies on opposite sides of the fence. Regardless of who wins I'm waiting until prices fall WAY down either way. And at the current rate of technology changing every decade I'm not going to keep up on replenishing movies. I'll just buy the player and sign up for rental services next time around.
Jason

I haven't read much on the subject recently but I do believe the new units are backward compatible with today's DVD's. They better be!

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
jcgoldner said:
Jason

I haven't read much on the subject recently but I do believe the new units are backward compatible with today's DVD's. They better be!
Ahh, I didn't know that. I suppose any other way and the general public would be in an outrage.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ahh, that's right. The PS3 is gonna be blue-ray. I forgot about that. And that thing is backwards compatible with DVD's as well as PS1 and PS2 games. I should have figured that the blue-ray players would be backwards compatible. Totally forgot...duh.