What's new

South Florida

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know we have a bunch of brothers in S Florida. Just want to let you know we're all hoping you pull through this storm in one piece. Couple of days ago it looked like a bad tropical storm, now they're calling for maybe a Cat 5.

If you can, check in and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck and stay safe.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...im in southeast Florida, so just rain and wind (not different than any summer afternoon). Tampa area though is another story.. Seems like they will get slammed.

IMG_20220928_082345.jpg

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like the entire coast from Tampa to Fort Meyers/Port Charlotte is in the crosshairs now.

On a good note, on the Interstate yesterday I noticed a huge caravan of power company trucks from Louisiana and Texas headed your way.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks...im in southeast Florida, so just rain and wind (not different than any summer afternoon). Tampa area though is another story.. Seems like they will get slammed.

View attachment 175273
This is a phenomena that you can't truly understand until you've lived in Hurricane Alley. The liquor stores get absolutely SLAMMED in the day or two before landfall. Lord knows I've been at the liquor store a day or two before landfall. Very surreal.

I hope everyone stays safe. Hurricanes are awful things.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea it's scarry when the weather channel shows up in your neighborhood. I don't know why I'm obsessed with watching this thing, we knew last weekend that there was a very good chance we where not going to be hit.

I keep telling myself the more I know the better prepared I can be for the next one. You'd think after living through Betsy, Camile, Katrina, Rita, Ida the list goes on I would be an expert but the damn things always find a way to surprise me. The stories I can tell.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a phenomena that you can't truly understand until you've lived in Hurricane Alley. The liquor stores get absolutely SLAMMED in the day or two before landfall. Lord knows I've been at the liquor store a day or two before landfall. Very surreal.

I hope everyone stays safe. Hurricanes are awful things.
Florida man says...if you gonna get hurt...better off while being drunk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I saw the causeway to Sanibel was partially collapsed. Peeps who didn't evacuate might be stuck for a spell. Naples really got rocked as well.