Sancho Panza Belicosos (Cuban)
Box Code: AUG02
Size: 5.5" x 52
Medium bodied
Total smoke time: approx 1 hour
Construction - Good
Wrapper - EMS
Burn - Very good

1st Third - The burn was a bit erratic starting off and the draw tight. Medium bodied with flavors of cedary tobacco and pepper.

2nd Third - Draw is opening up and burn is more even. Pepper is subsiding and a creamy, nutty flavor is more evident. I think the strength might have actually dropped a bit here in the middle portion.

3rd Third - Getting stronger again and flavors of creamy toffee are really evident. The peppery spiciness returned, but is now in the background.

Overall a very nice cigar. I was disappointed in the hard draw in the beginning, but was rewarded later with some excellent flavors.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Excellent review!!!

Erich (EHDG) sent a box of these to pass out at the herf tonight! (AGT02)
Damn nice review! :smt045 Mark screw the people there just send them back to me so I can enjoy the box!! :lol:

ehdg

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
ehdg said:
Damn nice review! :smt045 Mark screw the people there just send them back to me so I can enjoy the box!! :lol:

ehdg
Ha - good luck with that one Erich. I'm betting they won't last long.

Nice gesture BTW :smt045

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
sunivy said:
Ha - good luck with that one Erich. I'm betting they won't last long.

Nice gesture BTW :smt045
Figured the least I could for this group of losers since I couldn't join in sadly!! :smt082

ehdg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice review, thanks. I smoked my first SP Beli (4-02) a few days ago and was very impressed, great taste, perfect draw and burn. I'm looking foward to burning some more of these!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Great review Tedski!! :smt038 :smt038 Hope that the next one has a better draw so you can truly enjoy it. :smt023 :smt023

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very nice review mate. IME, the tobacco used in Sp beli's is very hydroscopic meaning that when they are young, the tobacco has a lot of oils in them and as they age, that oil is broken down and thus loosen them up. I have had a box of these that I pretty much had written off as too tightly rolled and only once a year or so did I go back to that box, as they aged, they became more and more loose in the draw.. that box (-97)is now quite smokable and really flavoursome and I enticipate it to become even better in another 2-3 years...

If you get a chance.. try them again with about 8 -10 years on them.. really really good!!!