What's new

Spring Home Projects

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just curious what home improvement projects everyone is planning on doing this spring?

We are having a new driveway put in. Our current driveway is a mess. Lots of waves in the old asphalt, some areas sunken in 10 inches or more, edges crumbling, etc. The prior owner never took care of the driveway except to patch one area and that patch was done horribly. So we just signed a contract to have it all ripped out and redone.

That's our big project for the year. Our water heater is on its last legs so that will probably get replaced soon too.

So what's on your list?

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I am paying someone to redo all my trim and doors including painting, hanging, etc. I started this awhile back and find the price of paying someone is cheaper than the price of replacing all the things I would break/throw/kick while doing it myself.

My brother and I are redoing our garage floors together with epoxy. Mine is crumbling pretty bad and needs a freshen up. We are exchanging one another's labor.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Have plans to redo our main bathroom this year, it's a small bathroom so I'm hoping it will be quick and easy but we'll see. Also working on some landscaping in the back yard right now, putting in some more palm trees, chili plants, planting peas and maybe some other veggies this weekend.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotta stain/finish the back deck and fence this year. I'm also in the process of collecting and dismantling pallets for a flooring project. I need to re-poly the paper floor I did last year also.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My driveway needs to be repoured too, but that will have to wait. We have a big driveway. It can comfortable accommodate 4 cars, so I imagine it will be pretty expensive to do all that concrete.

My latest project is removing a wall between our kitchen and living room. The kicker is that its a supporting wall, so its going to be expensive to do it right. Fortunate and happy we'll will be able to do this soon!

Last edited:

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I am paying someone to redo all my trim and doors including painting, hanging, etc. I started this awhile back and find the price of paying someone is cheaper than the price of replacing all the things I would break/throw/kick while doing it myself.

My brother and I are redoing our garage floors together with epoxy. Mine is crumbling pretty bad and needs a freshen up. We are exchanging one another's labor.
I like u , find it easier and better for my health, Just pay someone up front, stay the hell out of the way, Cuz I'm the original " Tim the Toolman Tayler"
If it can be broke, lost, bent, wrong parts going back to Home Depot 2 and 3 time, and not to mention me getting hurt and the GF hearing ever cuss word known man (Over the dumbest lil things).....
Yup I just call a handy man .......

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
My list of to-do items is longer than the list of people who have been subjected to @Hoshneer nipple pictures

• Regrade a significant portion of my (small) backyard, remove the grass from it, and turn it into a small private gravel patio
  • Repair/rehang patio door
  • Finish drywalling the basement after the waterproofing
  • General gardening stuff
  • Build some raised beds
  • Start renovations on the kitchen (range hood just recirculates instead of venting to the outside, need new stove and range hood, expand cabinets and counter...)
I have the actual budget to do about ¼ of any one of these but they all need to be done.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
This is a great idea for a thread! I'm a whole for Spring projects, and now I'm super pumped to be an owner and reap the benefits!

For me, we're going to save up for 5 this year I think:
- build a shed
- build a fire pit
- replace the water main
- replace the water heater
- paint

Beyond that, a whole lot of painting inside. Tired of this beige bullsugar...

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Lots of great projects being listed here! Sounds like we all will be very busy. I see a fire pit mentioned. That is another thing I would like to do. We currently use a standard home depot fire pit but something permanent would be nice.

Our driveway will fit 5 cars plus our small fishing boat and will be asphalt replacing old asphalt. I was actually surprised at the estimates we received, we thought they would be higher due to completely tearing out the old one and starting from scratch. I, with some assistance from the contractor, just started the paperwork with the township to get the permit we have to have. The whole permit process is a bunch of crap.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
My backyard is really... incomplete is about the best word I can use. We poured a new patio a few years ago, but due to some drainage issues (mostly fixed now), it needs to be finished so we can really enjoy it. The problem is that we live in a townhouse so we can't give ourselves any real privacy because we can't close off the sides of the backyard.

So, my big task now is to figure out he layout that I want that still conforms to the HOA guidelines.