What's new

Starting a wineador from scratch

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So like everyone else it's time to start a wineador. The collection is starting to include boxes for aging (thanks to good BOTL). I've read a lot of the threads on here and they have a lot of good info so I think I have all the basics. Just one question to start. Which fridge to buy. I've seen Avanti, Edgestar, Vinotemp, New Air. Anyone have an opinion on which is the best to go with? I'm thinking 28 or a little larger.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
All has to come down to what you want to spend. NewAirs can be had for 175 on ebay and they pretty much go up from there. Pretty much all the same operation wise, provided you go thermoelectric and not compressor type.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Always keep an eye out on Craigslist. Sometimes you can find a new one for a great deal. Make sure you ask for pics of any possible damage if that is why it is being sold. A busted hinge, and you won't have a good seal.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a Vinotemp 21 bottle for $80.00 on Craigslist and I love it so far. Had a little problem with the humidity on the top shelf but I bought a fan to re-circulate and everything is rock solid. I am waiting for the weather to warm up to see if I need to add the ETC but so far so good! Make sure to lay in a supply of beads and you should be good to go! Good luck with what ever you decide.

Last edited: