What's new

Stash

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I only rolled 14 gars this whole month. That has got to be a new low for me (other than when I took a month off to ride murdersickle cross country). Flat out of room in the stashidor, with 800 gars in there.

Here's the stash going in for August 2021:

Just gotta find the right box for them. Got to nominate a couple boxes in stash to jettison, to make room.
They sure smell good.

3 leaves Esteli seco
1 leaf Piloto viso
Olor binder
Olor wrapper

the band:

Now I need just the right box to age them in.

That's the last of my Esteli. Wish it would come back. That, or the WLT Condega viso.

Now to work on a September blend to stash

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I only rolled 14 gars this whole month. That has got to be a new low for me (other than when I took a month off to ride murdersickle cross country). Flat out of room in the stashidor, with 800 gars in there.

Here's the stash going in for August 2021:

View attachment 164275

Just gotta find the right box for them. Got to nominate a couple boxes in stash to jettison, to make room.
They sure smell good.

3 leaves Esteli seco
1 leaf Piloto viso
Olor binder
Olor wrapper

the band:

View attachment 164276

Now I need just the right box to age them in.

That's the last of my Esteli. Wish it would come back. That, or the WLT Condega viso.

Now to work on a September blend to stash
The cigars and the label look good. That sounds like a very mild cigar.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wow! So cool. Wish I had the chops to do something like that. Looks like you’ve got or are gonna have a fine aged collection of smokes there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow! So cool. Wish I had the chops to do something like that. Looks like you’ve got or are gonna have a fine aged collection of smokes there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh hell, Tacket. If there's anyone whose got no chops it's me. I look at Bliss' pics and Marc L's pics and wonder what the crap am I doing.
Go ahead and roll yourself some gars. Easy to do; just impossible to master.

If you need a starter kit, it's been long enough since I've shipped any freebies out... PM me & I'll send you some leaves.

Sent from my whoneedstoknowwhatphoneIown using whoneedstoknowwhatappIuse

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
October's stash:

Nicaragua has a boa named Ghost, because it's mottled coloring hides it so well on the jungle floor. This roll is named Ghost, because it hides a corojo viso inside a pair of Condega visos. Here's the band:

Olor binder & Los Rios wrapper. This batch of Los Rios came out rougher than the previous batch I used. So the wrap is not really up to a smooth gar. Nevertheless, I have high hopes for fine flavor next Spring.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Awesome looking sticks there [mention]webmost [/mention]! Loving the themes & band pics! How are those metal bands working out?
They're gold foil sticky label stock from, IIRC, sheetlabels.com.

I cut out an oval
I emboss it
I score across the backing with my Deejo maybe 3/4" from the end
I roll it round a pen so it will want to be a cylinder
Then I remove the3/4" of paper backing at the end
Last, I slap it on the gar

How's it working out? Well, loads of failures until I figured out all those steps. Still a fair number of failures when the knife cuts thru the foil as well as the backing. Otherwise, they are holding for now. Prolly be easier if I just bared the whole foil backing. But I found the embossing wants to collapse when the backing is removed. Plus, in the past, I had probs when sticky labels bought online stuck to delicate CT shade & ripped off bits of wrapper when removed.

Still working toward a better answer.
On the plus side, this is about the only useful task the Deejo does.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is super cool! I'd love to try a cigar hand rolled by someone I "know" How long have you been rolling? Where did you learn? Do you process your own leaves as well or buy them?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is super cool! I'd love to try a cigar hand rolled by someone I "know" How long have you been rolling? Where did you learn? Do you process your own leaves as well or buy them?
How long have you been rolling?
Not sure. Oldest stick in my stash inventory is dated 2016. So maybe eight years would be a guess.

Where did you learn?
Here. My hand taught me.

Do you process your own leaves as well or buy them?
Buy them. Mostly wholeleaftobacco.com. Tried growing once, but I have a black thumb.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure. Oldest stick in my stash inventory is dated 2016. So maybe eight years would be a guess.

Where did you learn?
Here. My hand taught me.

Buy them. Mostly wholeleaftobacco.com. Tried growing once, but I have a black thumb.

Where did you learn?
Here. My hand taught me.

That's cool! Once I get established here perhaps we can do a trade. My humidor is currently under repair so I don't have any cigars at the moment.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's cool! Once I get established here perhaps we can do a trade. My humidor is currently under repair so I don't have any cigars at the moment.

No, I don't trade for gars.
That's on account of I've got approximately a kilogar in stash now, so I need another stick like a hole in the head.

That said, PM me your addy and I'll pack something up. I like mailing potlatch. It's good for karma.

I'd trade for an interesting ashtray or lighter or such, if you've got.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, I don't trade for gars.
That's on account of I've got approximately a kilogar in stash now, so I need another stick like a hole in the head.

That said, PM me your addy and I'll pack something up. I like mailing potlatch. It's good for karma.

I'd trade for an interesting ashtray or lighter or such, if you've got.
I'll send you a PM

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The 422 goes in stash this week:

Un cigarro de color rico:

Here's the band:

2 Condega seco
2 Condega viso
triple bound in Olor
wrapped in Mata Fina
6" x 50rg Maks robusto grande

Only had enough Mata to stash a dozen
... but Mata made the blend work
My Mata leaves were also too crude for a nice finish.
Also too small to wrap gars from the fat Maks mold
...but the blend smoked better this fat, so put up with it