What's new

State of the Tupperdor - 2 Months In

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I joined this here forum just over two months ago with only a mid/low-tier 10 stick Connecticut sampler and tupperdor components in my Amazon shopping cart. Since then, things have escalated quickly as it were. You fellas helped me square away the 'tup, and have continued to give me sage advice. Figured I would show you how the collection is looking these days.

Top tray: The tray of experimentation. All of these sticks are new to me! And yeah I know...77 degrees. :cautious: RH is normally 65.

Bottom tray: Favorite sticks to be stocked regularly and aged (top). Sticks I sorta liked but think need a bit more aging (bottom left). "Fancy" sticks ive never tried but plan to let age for a while (bottom right).

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can you get your hands on an old refrigerator or a "dorm" fridge. Since you are using Tupperware you can use an old fridge and control your temps with a kegerator

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can you get your hands on an old refrigerator or a "dorm" fridge. Since you are using Tupperware you can use an old fridge and control your temps with a kegerator
Hmmmm. Might be an idea. Is there a "minimum" temp I need to keep them at?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I set my temp controller between 62 and 64 but there are lots of opinions as to the proper temp. Most kegerators also have a heat outlet so when I kept my coolers outside I placed a small electric heater in the unit for winter.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Moving the unit to a cooler area in the house maybe?....... I know, in TX there may be no such thing ...
But at least the RH is down.

Nice inventory, by the way ! They're all winners. Only a couple there I haven't tried.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do whatever you have to to get under 70 degrees or else you'll not like any of those real soon...REAL SOON. IMO, heat will ruin them quicker than RH.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just contacted a seller on nextdoor about a wine fridge. They say it is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission, gentlemen. But they have not been the recipient of the Hairy Eyeball from my wife. :oops:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just contacted a seller on nextdoor about a wine fridge. They say it is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission, gentlemen. But they have not been the recipient of the Hairy Eyeball from my wife. :oops:

That sounds kind of fun, if you ask me?

Speaking of balls, grow a pair and buy what the hell you want! You are the master of your domain.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
$1300 is a lot of good cigars, so you will need some more storage. Where you going kayaking in Texas? W Virginia maybe, Texas?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
$1300 is a lot of good cigars, so you will need some more storage. Where you going kayaking in Texas? W Virginia maybe, Texas?
Haha, I plan on taking it in the bays, maybe in a couple rivers. Though I must say...i spent a few months in WV when I was young and damn is it gorgeous over there. Did some of the best fishing in some of the clearest streams there.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do you remember what the rafting concessionaires in WV call Kayakers? Maggots maybe? Something derogatory like that. Just saying my nephew bought two real nice his and hers Kayaks, used them a lot for the first couple of months, now I think they're stored under the house with mold and crap growing all over them.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Do you remember what the rafting concessionaires in WV call Kayakers? Maggots maybe? Something derogatory like that. Just saying my nephew bought two real nice his and hers Kayaks, used them a lot for the first couple of months, now I think they're stored under the house with mold and crap growing all over them.
Ya know, what they say .... the two happiest days of a boat owner? Does that apply to Kayaks?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
To circle back on this...I'm about to go pick up the wine fridge right now. Wife did give me the hairy eyeball and said "You know you're going to help me clean the house when you get back, right?"

:unsure:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
And done. Made a separate thread about the new wine fridge in the Storage forum. Thanks for staying after me to get my sticks cooled down, gents...it was only a hundred bucks. I'd stand to lose twice that in cigars if I got mold/beetles. If it lasts 2 years then I'm good.