What's new

Steelers vs. Jets

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
OK, who wants to bet me a fiver? I'm taking the Steelers over the Jets straight up, no points. Anyone want to take the bet?

:smt071 :smt071 :smt071 JETS!!:smt063 :smt063 :smt063

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I think you might have a hard time finding someone to take that bet! :smt003

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Even though i'm a Giants fan, I'll take your bet. It's on tuba!!!

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.

Never thought i would utter those words.:smt030

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
There's a 9 point line on this game. That's a lot of wood to give up. Might have a tough time taking the Jets with the 9?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
geoffrie said:
There's a 9 point line on this game. That's a lot of wood to give up. Might have a tough time taking the Jets with the 9?
I personally think 9 points is a little high. I think the Jets will play pretty tough. We'll see if Chad has a good game or not

On the flip side, I think the Steelers will benefit greatly from the week off, they needed the rest.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Ashy said:
Even though i'm a Giants fan, I'll take your bet. It's on tuba!!!

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.

Never thought i would utter those words.:smt030
I told ya not to do it man! Although...it was much closer than expected.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The play calling at the end of this game was just brutal by the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! :smt107 Why in the world do you run a play with 6 seconds left and take a dman knee? That just cost you another 2 yards for the kicker!! :smt092 You got to know 40 yard kicks are not gimies in this damn league!! Thats how you won the game the week earlier against the Chargers!! You'd think they'd have tried to get deeper into Pitts territory for the kicker!! Also you get lucky and get a fumble when the Steelers are about to go in for 7 and tie the game. Chad just misses a wideopen Santana Moss with a short pass throwing the damn thing behind him. The Jets offense did nothing today for the team! The defense was gassed by the middle of the 4th quarter. The whole second half the Defense was on the field. In fact the lone touchdown we got in the second half came from the defense on the pass interception and run back for a touchdown! They score and then have to go right back on the field. I'm sorry but was the Jets problem the play calling by Hackett or was he making the calls cause of Chad's shoulder? I like Herm but a stronger head coach would have relieved Hackett earlier in the season of play calling!! If he wasn't happy with his play calling he should have take over those duties!! YOu know a Bill Parcess or Bill Belicheck sure would have!! If they where that upset or fustrated by it they wouldn't have stood for it and done it themselves!!

Sorry guys about the rant :smt091 but the Jets did what they needed to be in this game and played better offensively would have/should have Won it!! :smt073

ehdg

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Too bad Ashy :-({|= . All the breaks went the Steelers way at the end. I even fired up a Ghurka Legend second half for you. I had a third left when it looked like the Jets would win. Then it went OT and I nubbed it.

Congrats Tuba and the Steelers...

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
4 seconds left i thought the sticks were as good as mine.:smt022

5 dog rockets go out on monday....

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
tubaman said:
I knew it would be a close game, but I almost went into cardiac arrest!!
Sitting next to Kevin during the game, allow me to express my amazement that the human body can survive the ill-planned combination of heavy Italian food and stress of a Jets game AT THE SAME TIME.

Do you know that Kevin did NOT take a breath for the last ten minutes of the game?

Sidenote - I didn't know that human skin could turn that many shades of blue. However - the shade of red that Kevin turn after Big Ben's late 4Q interception was simply lovely.

But there's always a silver lining - even for Jets fans.
1) The Jet's lost, but they didn't lose by that much, if you know what I mean ;-)
2) Say goodbye and good riddance ot Paul Hacket. Buh Bye!

In summary ... typical Jets game.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I missed this fine game, I was forced to attend the CW Reno Herf (poor me). Would have rooted for the Steelers purely because they are the team of a friend of mine. It sounded like a great game when I watched the highlights.