What's new

Steve Saka (drew estate) Talks Liga and LOTS of new blends from Cigar Safari

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys,

Check out our video interview with Steve Saka president of Drew Estate from Cigar Safari.

Steve goes in depth on the liga line and what it means to him. He tells us all about the new Liga Lancero and how the blend came about.

Also some exclusive info on the new limited Ratzilla, MF4, MF13, JD4, Bomba de Brazil, royal with Cheese (yes for real) blends.

oh, and can you say Liga Privada A size? Boom!

http://tinyurl.com/5ubl5ee

let me know what you think, and thanks for watching.

Dan

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very cool interview. Was the audio and video supposed to keep jumping in and out of sync?
thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what that is all about. We were using two cameras so it might have to do with the editing being just off. I'll check with Mario (our editor)

Dan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool interview seems like a fun guy to talk to. I thought his take on LEs was interesting, but, did he not say that "ratzilla" would be a LE? Almost goes against his view on LE runs. I thought that was confusing.

Seems like most of the 9 and 52 are limited these days due to their popularity! Too bad they can't produce more of these.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Nice video. Background music was a little obtrusive at time, but that might have been my computer settings.
I agree. The background music was really distracting.

Thanks for the interview though. Looking forward to the future lp releases.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cool interview seems like a fun guy to talk to. I thought his take on LEs was interesting, but, did he not say that "ratzilla" would be a LE? Almost goes against his view on LE runs. I thought that was confusing.

Seems like most of the 9 and 52 are limited these days due to their popularity! Too bad they can't produce more of these.
No. 9 - yes; T-52 - no.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I would SO be into that Petite Robusto he talked about ... the main thing missing in the LP line to me is a quicker smoke (the Dirty Rat, though small, is a very slow-burning smoke). So that really appeals to me!

I agree with the others, Dan. Great interview, good filming and editing with the exception of the out-of-sync issues. I'd also turn the volume on the music way down.

And if it were me I'd pick another music track altogether ... the free-form jazz vibe doesn't fit SS imvho, though it works with the way the video was shot. Maybe something classical instead? IDK, it's been a while since I put videos together, lol.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I would SO be into that Petite Robusto he talked about ... the main thing missing in the LP line to me is a quicker smoke (the Dirty Rat, though small, is a very slow-burning smoke). So that really appeals to me!

I agree with the others, Dan. Great interview, good filming and editing with the exception of the out-of-sync issues. I'd also turn the volume on the music way down.

And if it were me I'd pick another music track altogether ... the free-form jazz vibe doesn't fit SS imvho, though it works with the way the video was shot. Maybe something classical instead? IDK, it's been a while since I put videos together, lol.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0

I like his take on LEs too, and I agree. I think his plan on the Ratzilla was probably similar to the Flying Pigs ... they'll release them regularly if people want them (and in the case of the Pigs, the have enough of the leaf).

This makes me want to smoke an LP tonight :cbig:

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

great feedback!

thanks for watching.

Dan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ONE OF MY GO TO CIGARS TODAY..... #9 ONLY OTHER ONE OUT THERE THAT COMPETES FOR ME ALONG THIS LINE IS THE **** Latigo #5 WHICH I LIKE EVEN BETTER!:cbig:

Last edited: