What's new

Steve Saka Smokes 10 cigars a day for 30 years ...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With what he does for a living he always has a cigar in hand, Can't image he finishes a whole lot of them so if you nub three a day you're probably not that far behind him as far as total tobacco!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I smoke in the older Subaru I have for winter/larger purchase hauling and when I have an errand day it always surprises me how much time I have to smoke.

Steve has the ability to smoke without a budget or time constraints (adult kids/ it’s his career)... that is an awesome and dangerous combination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember David Lettermen getting caught once in a while coming back from commercial. He always had a cigar lit and would quickly shove it into the desk drawer. He was grinning widely as some smoke wafted up from the desk. Lol.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Twain

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
One of my 1st trips to Drew Estates , when Steve was still working for JD, He always had one in his hand and his chest pockets both sides had 4-5 LP 9 or T52 in the tubos ,Yes there is Stinky ashtrays in almost all the bathrooms at Drew Estates...... I shit u Not ........

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I gotta call BS on this......now maybe Steve has cigars around him all day just as I do but that don't mean I smoke them down to the nub......if one smokes that many cigars a day for years he'll lose his sense of taste and his tongue will turn into a razor strap. Consistently smoking cigars all day long is not possible .....Urban legend at best......and maybe there's a few FOG's who can smoke 10 a day off and on...but for 30 years.......c'monnnnnnnnn.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smoke in the older Subaru I have for winter/larger purchase hauling and when I have an errand day it always surprises me how much time I have to smoke.

Steve has the ability to smoke without a budget or time constraints (adult kids/ it’s his career)... that is an awesome and dangerous combination

10 a day = $50 average of a $5 stick.....$350 a week......that's over $18,000 a year......credibility becomes an issue here....I'd have to have certifiable proof that one can sustain 10 per day for 30 years.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Just like @Cigary43 I was sceptical when first I saw this topic. I have heard that Churchill smoked “up to 10 cigars a day” but have never heard this said about Saka so I googled it. Sure enough, he made this statement in a Cigar Press interview. https://www.cigarpress.com/steve-saka-interview-dunbarton-tobacco-trust/

Saka- “I smoke an awful lot of cigars, most days 10, and this has been the case for multiple decades. I do tend to favor my own blends because they are always made to suit my own personal palate, so the bulk of the smoking is one of my own ligas and that really depends on my mood; very rarely does a day go by where I don’t smoke at least one Mi Querida, Sobremesa, Sin Compromiso and a Muestra de Saka. That being said, I also make it a point to smoke at least one or two cigars from other makers each day out of personal curiosity. I remain a cigar geek at heart”

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
10 a day = $50 average of a $5 stick.....$350 a week......that's over $18,000 a year......credibility becomes an issue here....I'd have to have certifiable proof that one can sustain 10 per day for 30 years.
Agreed, In most situations. But per the @Rupe quote if he says he does it, owns a successful cigar company, and at least half of the 10 smokes a day aren’t ones he pays for (directly).... maybe the man smokes 10 cigars

He blends his own stuff so I’m sure that requires a shitload of partially lit and quickly forgotten about cigars.

Maybe not to the nub, but lights and puffs on 10 different sticks lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I gotta call BS on this......now maybe Steve has cigars around him all day just as I do but that don't mean I smoke them down to the nub......if one smokes that many cigars a day for years he'll lose his sense of taste and his tongue will turn into a razor strap. Consistently smoking cigars all day long is not possible .....Urban legend at best......and maybe there's a few FOG's who can smoke 10 a day off and on...but for 30 years.......c'monnnnnnnnn.
Yea, maybe a little BS. But, he probably tosses alot of half smoked sticks.

I agree about his tounge turning to leather.

Myself, I can't toss a half smoked cigar away unless it was a total dud.

I'm lucky if I can get through two a day. I suppose it's due to the fact that all I mostly want to focus on is smoking that cigar nothing else. Besides maybe a movie or a good conversation.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Man, I bet @ssaka would be super concerned with A) how many he actually smokes per day and B) justifying to all of us how many he smokes per day.

The guy works in the industry so he probably does at least CUT/LIGHT 10 cigars per day and smokes however much of it he wants/needs to. Could any of us do that financially? Probably not. Is he paying for all of these? Probably not.

Whatever he is doing to make his cigars taste so damn good to me, I hope he continues to do it. #Saka4Pres2020

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like @Cigary43 I was sceptical when first I saw this topic. I have heard that Churchill smoked “up to 10 cigars a day” but have never heard this said about Saka so I googled it. Sure enough, he made this statement in a Cigar Press interview. https://www.cigarpress.com/steve-saka-interview-dunbarton-tobacco-trust/

Saka- “I smoke an awful lot of cigars, most days 10, and this has been the case for multiple decades. I do tend to favor my own blends because they are always made to suit my own personal palate, so the bulk of the smoking is one of my own ligas and that really depends on my mood; very rarely does a day go by where I don’t smoke at least one Mi Querida, Sobremesa, Sin Compromiso and a Muestra de Saka. That being said, I also make it a point to smoke at least one or two cigars from other makers each day out of personal curiosity. I remain a cigar geek at heart”
Yeah I heard it straight from him in a YouTube podcast the other day which lead me to posting this. There’s some great interviews with him on YT. He’s entertaining to listen to for sure. Shot down some long held cigar beliefs and some history I hadn’t heard before. I download them sometimes and listen while going for walks or hikes.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Twain

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
10 cigars a day is absolutely doable, and fairly easy when you work in the industry.
I used to manage a b&m, and now I work for CI in the main offices. I generally cap my cigar intake at 3 a day, but sometimes go 5+. Pipes are fair game, and I usually have 8-10 pipe bowls a day in addition to the cigars.
Easy to get to ten in a day when you work in a smoke-friendly establishment 9 hours a day and smoke in your home and car, and my palate has always been really good at bouncing back to neutral real fast. I've always said I have an elastic palate :LOL:
It's true, though, that there's a big difference between smoking and finishing a cigar.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
10 cigars a day is absolutely doable, and fairly easy when you work in the industry.
I used to manage a b&m, and now I work for CI in the main offices. I generally cap my cigar intake at 3 a day, but sometimes go 5+. Pipes are fair game, and I usually have 8-10 pipe bowls a day in addition to the cigars.
Easy to get to ten in a day when you work in a smoke-friendly establishment 9 hours a day and smoke in your home and car, and my palate has always been really good at bouncing back to neutral real fast. I've always said I have an elastic palate :LOL:
It's true, though, that there's a big difference between smoking and finishing a cigar.