What's new

Still hanging on to those cigarettes?

Hoodere

Hoodere
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have emphysema from many long years of cigarette smoking. Although I smoke cigars now I still have an occasional cigarette-like the dumb-ass I am I guess.
Well any way last nite after cooking some bacon on the griddle I dropped a couple of dollups of pankake batter on it kicking up a lot of smoke which died down pretty quickly. I ate my dinner , stayed on the computer a while, then got up and went into the kitchen to do the dishes. All of a sudden I couldn't breathe.
Evidentaly my lungs got saturated wit co2 and couldn't accept any oxygen. I Got an ambulance ride, and 3-4 hectic scary hours in an emergency room.

Don't take this as a lecture as I really hate being lectured myself. I just wanted to share the experience which I thought might be helpful to someone else.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I remember my dad having the same ambulance ride to the hospital when I was 13. He was a two-pack a day (and one quart of liquor a week) man for many years and his body finally told him, enough is enough. He stopped smoking soon afterward and has been healthy ever since. He turned 73 this year.

Hopefully you will heed the same warning and somehow find the strength to toss the cigarettes out for good. They don't refer to them as coffin nails for nothing.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Cigarettes are evil....I've never smoked anything other than cigars.

Hopefully you've awaken from this experience a new man! I wish you luck in kicking the habit.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
damn man...I hope everything is ok

my father had a triple bypass as a direct result of 42 years of cigarette smoking...ironically, he had to quite in order to have the surgery...but picked up the cancer sticks again about 5 weeks after he was out of the hospital

that was about 2 years ago...and I'm still pissed at him for it...and he knows it

for your sake...I hope you make the right decision and put the little fu%&ers down