What's new

Still Having Humi Level Problems

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago I purchased a 1oz tube of the 70% beads from Heartfelt for my 75 count humi. I contacted Heartfelt directly and gave them the dimensions of my humi, they suggested the 1 oz tube. I placed it in the box according to what they told and they levels get to 70% and stay there for about 5 days then drop back down to the 65% range.

I checked the box for leaks - none
I calibrated both of my electronic hygrometers - they are spot on
I open the box once a day to get out one cigar.
It has been in the same spot in my house for 5 years and I never had this problem before

I am at a total loss as to why I am still having problems. :angerFU:

Any ideas or suggestions?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You are not having problems.

The humi or the cigars may be sucking up a little bit of the humidity in the humidor.

However, 65% is perfect. This is ideal to store your cigars. Just keep it the way it is and maintain it so it stays at 65%.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Is this a recent problem, b/c if you weren't having problems for the past 5 years why are you chaging your method?

As for the 65% humidity, (beside the fact that it an ideal percentage for cigar) is there a chance they sent you the 65% bead instead of the 70%?

One more thing, are you using a Digital or Analog Hygrometer?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the humi device that came witht he box (magnetic attachment with that green stuff that you keep adding water to). I hated having to constantly having to add water when it dried up. I heard so many great things about Puck and these beads, that they were low maintenance, etc. I deciced to switch.

I have two digital hygrometers and one analog. All are reading the same levels

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Ok, figured that if you had the humidor for 5 years the green foam shit would have been tossed after the 1st year. :grin:

Besides not having a good seal on the box, hygrometers not reading correctly (I've had that problem a few times), or if you really have the 65% bead not the 70% beads (not sure how Heartfelt send their beads). I'll have to think a little more. I personally think it is probably one of the 1st two options.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
What is your temperature the humidor is in? The lower the temperature, the harder it will be to keep the RH levels higher. That could make the readings lower and if you are opening the lid more often during the cooler months where the ambient RH is lower might be sucking the RH rather quickly. I prefer 65% as well, I would be happy with it more than 70%.