What's new

Stone haven vs RDF

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Is RDF readily available in the UK? I have family in the Netherlands and they occasionally travel to the UK. I may have to visit London on my next trip out there in a year or two.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Is RDF readily available in the UK? I have family in the Netherlands and they occasionally travel to the UK. I may have to visit London on my next trip out there in a year or two.
pretty much at some tobacco shops. I had a fellow earlier this year ship me some, some he ordered online and had shipped to him from within the country though.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for taking one for the team, @bostoneo. Have you seen JimInks review on TR? It pretty much corresponds to yours. I always assumed just the topping were different, but he says that RDF "is Virginia forward with burley in a support role, whereas Stonehaven is burley forward with Virginia in a support role. The toppings are not quite the same either, though they are similar in their sweetness. I get a chocolate and treacle hit from it in different proportions than I notice in Stonehaven. The Virginia is earthy (not as much as Stonehaven) and dark fruit sweet with minor grass notes. The burleys are nutty sweet with a little molasses and earth."

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Thanks for taking one for the team, @bostoneo. Have you seen JimInks review on TR? It pretty much corresponds to yours. I always assumed just the topping were different, but he says that RDF "is Virginia forward with burley in a support role, whereas Stonehaven is burley forward with Virginia in a support role. The toppings are not quite the same either, though they are similar in their sweetness. I get a chocolate and treacle hit from it in different proportions than I notice in Stonehaven. The Virginia is earthy (not as much as Stonehaven) and dark fruit sweet with minor grass notes. The burleys are nutty sweet with a little molasses and earth."
I haven’t seen. Tried not to look at reviews so it didn’t influence me hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk