What's new

Stopped in a cigar lounge today and..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The young man behind the counter said that the lounge is only available if I bought "several" cigars. Kind of got this quizzical look on my face and chuckled. He said the lounge is for his boss and his bosses' friends. It's advertised on Cigar Aficionado and their website as a smoking lounge.
I was just looking to enjoy a smoke before going home and watch a bit of news. I guess I can scratch that place off my list

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I know of places that are "members only" type lounges and you pay for said services and get like an exclusive area or benefits. But that's just horrible. Sorry you had to experience a local shop like that, but they're out there.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Most places require some kind of purchase to use their lounge. Most will also let you bring in your own to smoke there, after making said purchase first. How much they require you to purchase varies from lounge to lounge.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
There's a place like that in KC that requires a $50 purchase or you buy a membership for $1200, plus you are required to spend another $1000 a year. I don't go there and have heard they only want high class people there, which doesn't include me. The lounge I go to in the winter requires a purchase of 1 cigar which could be a $3 yard gar or a $20 Opus. The lounge is much nicer and has a less "uppity" clientele.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There's a place like that in KC that requires a $50 purchase or you buy a membership for $1200, plus you are required to spend another $1000 a year. I don't go there and have heard they only want high class people there, which doesn't include me. The lounge I go to in the winter requires a purchase of 1 cigar which could be a $3 yard gar or a $20 Opus. The lounge is much nicer and has a less "uppity" clientele.
Curious to what place are you talking about? PM me if you don't want to put it out publicly.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
@btubes18 I'm living in Heath which is right next to Newark, 35 miles from the Tinderbox in Easton, Columbus which is the closest lounge I've found. So perhaps not the desert, but I'd really prefer one closer. Beats the lounge I was checking out in Salt Lake City (I was there on business) where the owners got convicted of selling drugs (spice?) and the place was closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.