What's new

storage

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey,
I'm just getting into pipes and I need some help. I know to search the forum for a answer,which I did, but I'm getting sort of confused. Can somebody tell me the simplest way for short term and long term storage? So far I have loose tobacco that I got from the tobacconist. Can I just leave it in the bag if I smoke it within a week or so? I have 4 ounces coming from Boswell's, so I want to know how I should store it all. I can't see going through 4 ounces quick, and I don't want to ruin it.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Get a few small canning jars ( Mason / Ball ) - glass ones with screw on lids. You can usually find these at grocery stores for about a buck or so. You should be able to fit 4 oz into a pint sized jar. You can store pipe tobacco in these indefinately without much loss of moisture.

The ziplock will be OK for very short term storage.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, that's simple. I have a few of those aleady. I was reading a sort of "how to" guide, they made it sound more complicated. Thanks!

Oh, does Boswell's come in tins?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Make sure the jars are clean before loading up with tobacco.

I believe all of Boswell's custom blends are sold in ziplocks.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Jars are the cats meow....look good on display too. Just keep them out of direct sunlight and you should be okay.