What's new

Storage???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just got this sampler in Vegas and I was wondering about storing them with non-Cuban smokes. Is it considered a sin or a good call??? Something is telling me that I should just store them with other Cubans. What do you think???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was just thinking about storing them in my display humidor with my other high-end smokes. Though I love the box and everything, just wondering if it's considered a sin/disaster to store them with high-end Fuentes and other non-Cuban smokes.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
nah, no sin... if you're gonna age them, keep like with like. but there are lot's of different theories when it comes down to it!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Though I love the box and everything, just wondering if it's considered a sin/disaster to store them with high-end Fuentes and other non-Cuban smokes.
No worries, store them as you please, the flavors will certainly not marry if you keep them in that box and there are non Habanos in there. I just question the authenticity if you bought them in Vegas, but hey, they may be the real deal too. Only one way to find out...anybody got a match?

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I'd keep them in their own box at least for the first couple months just to make sure that if you get a beetle it dosn't spread easily to your whole humidor. Good practice with any cigar to isolate at first, cubans used to have quite the reputation, but I think they are no worse than any other now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd keep them in their own box at least for the first couple months just to make sure that if you get a beetle it dosn't spread easily to your whole humidor. Good practice with any cigar to isolate at first, cubans used to have quite the reputation, but I think they are no worse than any other now.
Advise taken!!!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Here's the deal, CCs & NCs sharing space is no big deal (as some have said above). Cigars really won't marry from one to the next in a desktop humidor. What you do need to do is take the cigars OUT of that box. Normally (and with ALL other packaging that I am aware of) I'd agree with jwintosh & tell you to keep the cigars in the original cedar BUT the Selleccions are proned to developing truly overwhelming cedar flavors that overwhelm any natural nuances the cigars otherwise would have had.

Unless they're only going to be for display, take them out, display the empty box & smoke the cigars whenever you want.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
There won't be any trouble (I always keep ISOMs and NCs in same humis), unless ye plan to age for a bloody long time, in which case ye'd probably have a cbinet and be able to save them in their boxes. As for the authenticity, they're real. Not only they individually look real, but also that sampler is in the LCDH right next to me. Have a gorgeus time smoking them, since 2 of those are very rare even when ISOMs are legal.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the deal, CCs & NCs sharing space is no big deal (as some have said above). Cigars really won't marry from one to the next in a desktop humidor. What you do need to do is take the cigars OUT of that box. Normally (and with ALL other packaging that I am aware of) I'd agree with jwintosh & tell you to keep the cigars in the original cedar BUT the Selleccions are proned to developing truly overwhelming cedar flavors that overwhelm any natural nuances the cigars otherwise would have had.

Unless they're only going to be for display, take them out, display the empty box & smoke the cigars whenever you want.
Don't get me wrong but the "display" humidor is the first sight humidor of the house and the other four are scattered around. I have the sampler resting in one of my travel-dors. As soon as I got back from Vegas, I transfered them to their own storage for the time being but, I was thinking after awhile resting them I would go ahead and store them with the display humidor with the glass top. Never had the experience with resting Cubans with high-end non-Cubans. Though I'm sure they won't even last a few weeks there...

knuck42

At least I'm enjoyin' the
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd keep them in their own box at least for the first couple months just to make sure that if you get a beetle...
If this is a concern I recommend double bagging & freezing the cigars in a sub-zero freezer for 3 days. Then refridgerate them for 5. Then unbag them and allow them to sit at room temp for a day. Then place them in a humidor to rest for a month or so. I do this will all of the cigars I take in, CC & NC. No point in taking a chance.

With regard to letting CC & NC sleep in the same bed, I can't imagine it effects taste enough tp matter. If it does then we would also have to worry about storing different marcas along side one another lest a Punch begin to taste like a Hoyo and a Hoyo begin to taste like a Punch, and I don't know of anyojne that worries about this.