What's new

Storing unused Bovedas?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I used the search function but couldn't really find anything specific to this. I was wanting to buy a 4 pack of Bovedas to serve as backup (all of mine are now being used in the tupperdor). But it occurred to me...how should I store them? In the bag they come in? Put them in the wine fridge or nah? Just wait until I need them to buy them because they won't last indefinitely?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you buy them individually wrapped you can leave them in the wrapper and not worry about them. If they come in a resealable zip lock and you have to open it you may want to double or triple wrap them.

Not a bad idea to put in the wineador

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wait you can recharge them?
Of course, you can do so by simply exposing them to more humidity (such as a tupadors with a glass of distilled water) this takes more time. Or you can simple soak them in tupaware in distilled water like I do (this is much quicker but the packs will likely wear out sooner and may absorb too much water).

There's threads all over this forum, videos on YouTube, to look at your options.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just leave them in the plastic and toss them in the coolerdor. I’m about to buy some more and they will last forever in their original plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I recharge with a sponge in a zip lock bag.
safer than a glass or similar with water to spill.
constant cycle of recharging at my house.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, you can do so by simply exposing them to more humidity (such as a tupadors with a glass of distilled water) this takes more time. Or you can simple soak them in tupaware in distilled water like I do (this is much quicker but the packs will likely wear out sooner and may absorb too much water).

There's threads all over this forum, videos on YouTube, to look at your options.
Thanks for the info!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the search function but couldn't really find anything specific to this. I was wanting to buy a 4 pack of Bovedas to serve as backup (all of mine are now being used in the tupperdor). But it occurred to me...how should I store them? In the bag they come in? Put them in the wine fridge or nah? Just wait until I need them to buy them because they won't last indefinitely?
I keep all my boveda's not currently in a humi in a standard ziplock. They seem to last indefinitely.
Mine dried out in the ziplock. However, they'd been lying in there for years.

I keep the unused bovedas in a tupperware container where I'll also put in a small jar of water if there are any bovedas to recharge.