What's new

Straus Tobacco Sleepy Hollow - PToM Oct 2016 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Post your reviews here!

SLEEPY HOLLOW
Brand:
Straus Tobacco
Blend Type: Aromatic
Contents: Black Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish, Virginia
Flavoring: Pumpkin, Cinnamon/Spice, Vanilla
Cut: Ribbon
Packaging: Bulk

From Straus Tobacco:
Created in anticipation of our favorite time of year, Sleepy Hollow is our first Autumn blend.
A mild and slightly sweet aromatic blend with notes of pumpkin, spice, a touch of vanilla, and a subtle smoky note.
Sleepy Hollow will surely help you ease into fall.
You've heard about it, now try some for yourself!​

Prior PToM reviews can be found HERE

Last edited:

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm a newb, but this tastes like the standard vanilla Sutliffe quality aro with a touch of Latakia and a bit of pumpkin.

To me, the smokiness is tasty, but I get mainly a chemical burnt vanilla taste that forces me to use my imagination to get the pumpkin. I like smoky, but it's not enough to get me over that vanilla extract taste.

After a million cigarettes, my palate is probably as tough as nails, lacking the ability to discern subtle flavors, and likely very sensitive to a chemical component. That said, I have not enjoyed very many aros, so my opinion is bent against that blend profile. I'd smoke Lane 1Q ahead of this every time.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I like aros well enough, but only on occasion. That said, I smoked this exclusively all through October and didn't tire of it. Smokes great, tastes great to the end!

Hard not to enjoy a pumpkin blend when smoking out of this, though View attachment 88136
That is one badass pipe! Any more pics of it? Maybe a profile pick? Who made it?