What's new

Stressful Times

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We have all been walking on pins and needles here. I've been job hunting with no success. Yesterday, layoffs started again. The boss called me in (gulp) but only to tell me that she was in negotiations to sell the company and at some point all would be fired and some rehired by the new owners. For now I'm safe and would be a recommended hire to the new owners but there are 6 more being laid off today.

I've been in IT for years a nd have been looking in that arena but I noticed a Bojangles hiring managers at 50k+ and it's starting to look tempting.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
What kind of IT are you in? I work for Aon in their University office doing system configuration. I'm not sure if there are any positions available right now but if you're interested I could always start poking around.

Either way, I'll be praying for ya to find work soon!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What kind of IT are you in? I work for Aon in their University office doing system configuration. I'm not sure if there are any positions available right now but if you're interested I could always start poking around.

Either way, I'll be praying for ya to find work soon!
I've done a lot of things. Small network design. (1 or 2 servers up to 30 users) Database design, programing (older languages unfortunately) , Unix System administration, Windows/Unix networking, Tech Support, Hardware support, I've managed as many as 15 employees, and helped run 2 companies. Know Msoft Office products (good ad excel but not an expert), Access, Sql, I could probably be up to speed on SAS in a couple of weeks.

But, lacking a degree (I'm working on that) It's hard to get my foot in the door,

I'd appreciate whatever you could do! :)

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've done a lot of things. Small network design. (1 or 2 servers up to 30 users) Database design, programing (older languages unfortunately) , Unix System administration, Windows/Unix networking, Tech Support, Hardware support, I've managed as many as 15 employees, and helped run 2 companies. Know Msoft Office products (good ad excel but not an expert), Access, Sql, I could probably be up to speed on SAS in a couple of weeks.

But, lacking a degree (I'm working on that) It's hard to get my foot in the door,

I'd appreciate whatever you could do! :)
We are in the need for a programmer, but nothing is posted officially because they don't want to do any hiring right now since we are processing through a company merger at the moment. The programmers here work primarily with SAS, SQL, and JCL (all in the unix environment of course). The downside of our system is we run using TBA, Total Benefits Administration, and that's a proprietary platform. Most everyone I've met in the tech field started at an entry level position so they could learn the ins and outs.

In Charlotte, and entry level position at Aon runs you around $40-50k, depending on experience, so that's probably not much for you but it at least has potential for growth. I will take a look through our team's posting site and see if there's a way for you to apply even though it's not officially being asked for.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After lookig at the website. I've got lots of QA training and have done quite a bit of HR related things to. (policy/procedure manuals etc...) but it's not something I really like. The Unix I've run in is SCO, some linnux and a smattering of AIX a long time ago. Used to write JCL on a SYS 36.

Entry level is fine. Right now it's more than I'm making due to business loss and across the board payroll cuts made to stay afloat.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I looked into the position here at Aon and they are still super tight on the hiring. We started up a special division within the company that has a slightly different business plan so we have to be extra tight with only two clients (Discover Card and Apollo Group). We are in the hunt for a few big clients soon though. Once we get them we're going to have to expand our team for sure. I will keep you posted!

Good luck on the job front in the meantime, brother. A guy in our bible study just got let go from a position he's held for YEARS and he has a 2 year old and another due in 4 weeks. I'll be praying for you and your family!