What's new

stronger/fuller the better! recommendations?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like full, strong, spicy, peppery cigars. I mean I literally can't seem to find a cigar that's too strong, too peppery or too spicy.

I love tasting black, white, and/or red pepper in the retrohale. Especially red pepper!

I love Connecticut Broadleaf maduro wrappers (but dislike Mex San Andres wrappers for some reason ). Habano wrappers are a close second.

I prefer Nicaraguans. I've had Camacho's Triple Maduro and Corojo as well as LFD DL's and although I enjoyed them I think I missed the complexity and range of flavors I get from Nicaraguan cigars.

I guess my ideal cigar would have a ton of spice and strength, some cocoa or chocolate notes, nutty flavors, and some sweetness. Maybe some meaty, charred flavors and black licorice as well.

Some of my favorites are Tatuaje Fausto, Jason, and Cojonu; MF Le Bijou 1922; Cain F; Espinosa 601 Green label; JdN Antano 1970. Almost forgot the Padron 1926 #9!

What should I try next?

:cigar:

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The new Henry Clay Tattoo sounds right up your alley, it's choc full of spice and strenth and meaty flavors.

I would also strongly recommend you try the RoMa Craft stuff. The CroMagnon line sounds tailor made for you, but the Aquataine is a beast too.

Check out Warped's El Oso. It's a bit more refined than the others, but very, very good.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
imho (as a noob) .. Liga Privada No 9 will probably tick all your boxes. The veterans here could possibly confirm this suggestoin.

had one of these last saturday... its a heavy duty thing!!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Definitely take a look at the romacraft cromagnon great smoke. I found Caldwell the king is dead to be a very spicy peppery smoke. I could feel it on my tounge. A lot of the fuenta iv had where spicey too.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
These threads are always amusing to me. You can see the difference between the people that smoke full cigars and the outright nic junkies like myself lol. Some of these suggestions are empty stomach breakfast smokes.
Your list of favorites is most of the cigars I would recommend for this type of question, you've done well! Some others worth your time....

Oliva V
CroMagnon
My Father Original
LP T52 - stronger and spicier than the 9 IMO
Tatuaje Verocu 5
Tatuaje Reserva - strength is probably a heavy medium but these are some of the best broadleaf blends around

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely a fan of the Man o' War Ruination...for a full bodied smoke, though, ya gotta try out a Joya de Nicaragua Antano...I prefer the Consul....4.5X52...or the Gran Consul...4.5X60...but they have several vitolas...I just like those cuz they are a shorter smoke, but they'll give it hell for almost an hour, as short as they are! I'm a slow smoker, tho, if you're one of these guys that smoke a stogie desperately, well...I'll give you fifteen minutes with one of these!

Bottom line...very full-bodied smoke. Available on special from time to time.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Was just coming here to say Fausto.

But I'd also recommend the LFD La Nox and as someone said before, anything by Roma Craft.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The new Henry Clay Tattoo sounds right up your alley, it's choc full of spice and strenth and meaty flavors.

I would also strongly recommend you try the RoMa Craft stuff. The CroMagnon line sounds tailor made for you, but the Aquataine is a beast too.

Check out Warped's El Oso. It's a bit more refined than the others, but very, very good.
Thanks! Yeah, the RoMa Craft stuff is definitely on my radar!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These threads are always amusing to me. You can see the difference between the people that smoke full cigars and the outright nic junkies like myself lol. Some of these suggestions are empty stomach breakfast smokes.
Your list of favorites is most of the cigars I would recommend for this type of question, you've done well! Some others worth your time....

Oliva V
CroMagnon
My Father Original
LP T52 - stronger and spicier than the 9 IMO
Tatuaje Verocu 5
Tatuaje Reserva - strength is probably a heavy medium but these are some of the best broadleaf blends around
Doh! Forgot Tat Reservas! Basically anything he does with a broadleaf wrapper tends to be a favorite for me.
I do enjoy Oliva V series and all of the My Father cigars.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you run across an Opus X Petit Lancero I think you would dig it. It's Dominican but if you enjoy pepper, they have plenty and are truly a great smoke.
Still haven't tried any of the Opus X. Will definitely have to get my hands on one at some point. I enjoy the Don Carlos, Hemingway, 8-5-8 maduro etc when I'm in the mood for a milder smoke.