What's new

Suggestions for Torches with Punch Cutter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried to search the forum for previous posts about the topic but couldn't find any. I'm looking for an economical (read: cheap) torch with a punch cutter included. It's for when I want a decently reliable torch and may not have my cutter on hand. What do any of you suggest? I appreciate any feedback, thoughts or suggestions.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'd recommend any xikar torch/punch combo... that way when the blade goes dull you can at least get it sharpened for free or even replaced.

If you go with a super cheap one without warranty... you're probably going to end up with trash

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I had a cheap (less than $15) Blaze torch lighter that had a punch on the bottom. Bought it for camping trips and that thing lasted quite a while. And the ergonomics of it made it easy to punch. I believe it was this one.

Also, my buddy used a Scorch branded combo - he seemed to really like it. (examples)

I moved to keeping a nice punch that is permanently on my keychain and I always have a lighter in my glove box just in case. I also have a cheap lighter in all of my traveldors. I can't remember the last time I didn't have a cutter/lighter around me...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Bugatti B-1. It's built like a tank, and is one of my most reliable lighters. Usually under $30, often under $20.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I want to say Vertigo has a few lighters with a punch attached at the base. I have a double torch one and works beautifully.

Best bet is just shop around at online retailers and your local shops to see what they have available.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I have had many Xikar lighters and cutters over the years. Their lifetime warranty is huge because I find that I have had to replace Xikar equipment just as often as anything else. The only lighter or cutter I have not had to replace is the Dupont equipment. Granted, those are also not budget friendly.

I do have this single torch lighter that cost me $6.00 at a B&M. I only bought it because I needed a lighter and didn't have one at the moment. This freaking thing has lasted 3.5 years and I probably use it more than any other lighter now. If I ever see these again, I'll buy 10 of them just to have 1 everywhere I usually smoke.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I have had many Xikar lighters and cutters over the years. Their lifetime warranty is huge because I find that I have had to replace Xikar equipment just as often as anything else. The only lighter or cutter I have not had to replace is the Dupont equipment. Granted, those are also not budget friendly.

I do have this single torch lighter that cost me $6.00 at a B&M. I only bought it because I needed a lighter and didn't have one at the moment. This freaking thing has lasted 3.5 years and I probably use it more than any other lighter now. If I ever see these again, I'll buy 10 of them just to have 1 everywhere I usually smoke.

Is that one made by gstar? I have some from 4 years ago that are still working like new.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Is that one made by gstar? I have some from 4 years ago that are still working like new.
There is not a single letter or number anywhere on this thing so I have no idea who manufactured it.

EDIT: found them! Thank you, Amazon! They are made by "Eagle" and can be found here. Just bought 2 of these 5-packs!

Last edited:

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I've had really good luck with my Lotus Mercury.. Amazon has them for $14. https://www.amazon.com/Lotus-Mercury-Double-Torch-Lighter/dp/B01LFE8FYC Two small jets angled just right, and a decent punch. Mine has been heavily used and abused for the last year, almost two. Only real drawback is it runs out after about 5-7 good lights, depending on how you torch it..

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this vertigo is a quad flame always in my pocket. Think 10 bucks. I use good fuel. Keep canned air with my fuel. Give it a quick blow out and has not failed yet.

Sent from Oscur

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good choice. I think quad torches are overkill unless you are smoking at the top of a 100 story building in Chicago on a blustery day. ...or you need to weld something.
Yup 4 may be overkill but i have it if i need it. I carry a double xicar also. Im a big guy and can handle it. It all comes down to personal preference.

Sent from Oscur

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have had my Xikar Element for quite awhile and haven't exactly taken care of it. It has been thrown in the golf cart cup holder, my pocket with keys, dropped and still works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Bugatti B-1. It's built like a tank, and is one of my most reliable lighters. Usually under $30, often under $20.

+1 on the Bugatti B-1. I've had mine for a couple of years now and really like it. Pretty sure I paid around $15 for it on C-bid