What's new

Suggestions Please!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I am a HUGE Gurkha fan, and have smoked A LOT of them over the last 6 months or so. I am now looking to expand my horizons in the world of Cigars. I have had my share of various sticks from Romeo y Julieta, Acid, Montecristo... Here is my question: What do you folks recommend for both ends of the spectrum? Light, Creamy and Smooth.... to Robust, Deep and STRONG? Thanks ya'll!!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well, this may not be relevant to you as I've only had one ghurka (centurion) and found it to be terrible (to me).
Some personal recommendations in the somewhat budget / value / beginner categories from me would be:
Perla del Mar is excellent on the rich and creamy side, and Bueso Genesis and undercrown (don't slap me chuck!) to be good on the fuller side of things.
Most of the PDR lines have good flavor and body. The Nubs are decent smokes as is the Judge by J fuego (heard his other stuff is good too. And the CAO Brazilia, and Mx2 are great to be mega company blends.
The tatuaje stuff is great. Good flavors, but a bit strong on the pepper flavors for me. Still pretty well balanced while at the same time having good complexity. A lot of recommendations you'll find by searching on here will likely be on the more boutique side. With complexity and subtle notes being preferred and appreciated. Going back through the "today's smoke" will give you lots of ideas, as will searches. Hope that helps!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'd check out the today's smoke thread and see what everyone is smoking. Something that I might enjoy and suggest, might be complete crap to you and vice versa. We all have different palates so they're going to vary from time to time. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

Brand wise though I've had really good smokes are from Room 101, Tatuaje, Crowned Heads, Perdomo, Montecristo, My Father, Padron, Black Label Trading Company, just to name a few for you. Check out our site sponsors and sign up for their e-mail deals. I know Rob @PuroCigar does sells singles if you need to get your feet wet into some new blends.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hey everyone! I am a HUGE Gurkha fan, and have smoked A LOT of them over the last 6 months or so. I am now looking to expand my horizons in the world of Cigars.
Great news: anything you try going forward you will freaking LOVE as it can only go up from here. (y)

All joking aside, I'd recommend Crowned Heads Las Mareas, Herrera Esteli, Arturo Fuente Don Carlos. Those come to mind quickly as creamy cigars.

Also, CCs will blow your mind.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Definitely concur with both of these guys as well. Good points and recommendations.
Other than the Habanos, I wouldn't know, except that some fauxhibas can be better than some ghurka.. . ;)