What's new

Superbowl Apperal Frenzy!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Superbowl apperal frenzy has produced these huge volumes of pre-order SB Championship shirts for the Steelers. At last count, it was reaching the 85,000 mark for the popular "Locker Room" graphic. Seahawk numbers are right around the 50,000 mark.

All in all, the two teams have generated orders in excess of 480,000 printed garments (Replica Jerseys and team related graphics). That number is only for my company...we've sub-contracted about 60% of out total work out to the different markets around the US.

I've been pulling 12,14, and 16 hour shifts for the last week, after the game will be far worse than that. In the last four SB's that I've worked for my company, it hasn't been this bad/good (depends on how you look at it!).

I'll update the volume after the Superbowl.

On a side note:
ESPN had a film crew come in and tape me and my crew printing some of the Locker Room graphics. I'm told that it's supposed to air during a pre-game count down show on ESPN.

Here's a shaky picture that I took. (Cameras aren't really allowed on the production floor)

and one of the mentioned shirts.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
caudio51 said:
good yard work shirts!
Hah! I think not bubba...When we printed the AFC Conference shirts 2 years ago, we pegged the Colts as the winner. They didn't. Peyton Manning came in like 6 months later to do a walk through...I had him sign one. Maybe he'll do another one and I can get mhim to sign the SB40 Champ shirt too!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
typically they get sent to africa or other 3rd world countries so that they can have some new clothes.. cause they dont know the difference most of the time.....