What's new

Supplements Thread

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So what kind of supplements and/or vitamins are you guys taking and why?

Personally, I take BCAAs (ANS Post), pre-workout (typically C4, although I dabble :) ) and Whey (GNC AMP Advanced). As far as vitamins go, I take a multi-vitamin, Fish Oil and Vitamin D 5000.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Daily -super nutrition antioxidant/multi v , glucosamine , aspirin , tumeric curcumin w/ piperine , fish oil & vitamin e
As needed - melatonin , phenylpiracetam , bromantane & itpp .
On deck - St Johns wort & creatine .
White whale - JDTic

Thanks

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Vitamins/mineral types I take every day are Fish Oil, B complex, B-12 megadose, C, D-3, zinc glycinate, magnesium and acetyl-carnitine. Use one of several preworkouts before lifting along with a little creatine and some D-Aspartic Acid (DAA).

If I am not going to eat within 30 minutes or so of the lift I take some ON 100% whey and some BCAAs.

Pre hockey games I take ON Amino-Enery and a couple B-12s.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I just take about 6-8 grams Charlie, don't want to overdo it or retaln too much water. That's a drawback for the weightloss.

I had been taking the Creacore, but someone at work just recommended Creature by Beast Nutrition....been taking it the last little but (although you know I had a break in there), and I dig it.
You also asked why for the vitamins in the first post. Basically the pill combo I take I got from reading about nutrition for lifters, expecially Charles Poliquin's stuff. I can;t afford everything he recommends, but the ones I use seem to provide a good foundation.

coppereagl

Not looking for trouble, but if it finds me....;)
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Vitamins, i take Animal pak. One pack a day, only really when im deployed though because my diet out here can get very restricted. A well balanced diet really is the best answer for most vitamin needs minus any major deficiencies (hereditary, age or allergy based).

I stick to straight mono creatine also, its cheaper and it works. I stick to small dose after workout just to help with recovery, and its one of the few supp Ive ever really found makes a difference.

Of course a little extra protien works wonders, casein at night after workout days has always helped me, and ive never gained bad weight from it. If anything I look leaner and feel stronger in the mornings after a bedtime casein shake

And it seems its just me, but I have gotten away from Pre workouts. I used too be all about them, and they are great for those days when your sucking or just cant get motivated. But for everyday use, it just cannot be healthy long term, just my opinion though! I dont want to open any floodgates lol

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'd actually heard a few places that foreign (Russian, Bulgarian, etc) powerlifter train most days without PW so as to make their training more difficult than if they were stim'd.

I take it daily but have thought about peddling back or doing detox sessions here and there.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I also take the PW every workout day, but I use a 15.9 oz water bottle and generally drink 1/3 or less per workout. Just enough to get the focus and the blood flowing.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I also take the PW every workout day, but I use a 15.9 oz water bottle and generally drink 1/3 or less per workout. Just enough to get the focus and the blood flowing.
Alas, I lack the restraint of @icehog3 ... I'm usually a double scooper and occasionally a triple, although I reserve that for days when I'm dragging the worst. lol

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Check out Green Magnitude for creatine. All the benefits of monohydrate without all the damn bloat and water retention.

I have the stomach of a 12 year old girl. I get bloated like a balloon really easily, this stuff has never bloated me. It's not expensive either as a tub has 80 servings. I love the stuff and my strength goes through the roof when I'm on it.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Check out Green Magnitude for creatine. All the benefits of monohydrate without all the damn bloat and water retention.

I have the stomach of a 12 year old girl. I get bloated like a balloon really easily, this stuff has never bloated me. It's not expensive either as a tub has 80 servings. I love the stuff and my strength goes through the roof when I'm on it.
Good info. I'm like you, I bloat for pretty much no reason at all so non-bloating creating is definitely appealing