What's new

Tags/blank bands

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm sure this has been discussed, but where do you guys get your tags/blank bands that I see a lot of guys using to write the factory code and date, notes, etc., and attach it to a cigar? Do you get blank bands or just use paper? Posting a picture I found online of one example of what I've seen. I really need to keep better track of my sticks. Let me know what you guys use. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I use the thin avery color coding labels if it's a smoke that has cello on it. No specific color for any specific smoke. Just can't find the ones I need in plain white and really didn't matter to me. Just needed it for the details.

If no cello, I cut strips of post it notes and wrap it around the cigar with a piece of tape. I make sure it's loosely wrapped around them so I don't damage the cigars. I have a thread with all that somewhere here.....

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thanks @CVAC085. Do the labels have adhesive all the way across or just on one section? I'd bee nervous to mess up the wrapper...

*Edit* Never mind, saw the cello coment lol. That makes sense!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
For anything with cello I also use the colored Avery labels. Without cello though I use the Kenco labels and would highly recommend them. My only complaint was that the labels are somewhat thick so they do get a little bulky when labeling thinner ring gauges like lanceros. There are 3 "positions" on the adhesive side and what I started doing was cutting off the first 2 positions, in effect shortening the label, for smaller ring cigars.

Here is a recent bombing, all labeled up with some Avery's and some Kenco's.

IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited:

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The Amazon reviews are not very good.

@irratebass, do you have issues with peeling the backs off?
For anything with cello I also use the colored Avery labels. Without cello though I use the Kenco labels and would highly recommend them. My only complaint was that the labels are somewhat thick so they do get a little bulky when labeling thinner ring gauges like lanceros. There are 3 "positions" on the adhesive side and what I started doing was cutting off the first 2 positions, in effect shortening the label, for smaller ring cigars.

Here is a recent bombing, all labeled up with some Avery's and some Kenco's.

View attachment 96814
Never had any issues, except what Rupe said about smaller rgs, which is a majority of my collection.....check out this video for application.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I just bought a price tag gun to use for dating cigars. $8 from Ebay. Comes with an extra ink cartridge, and 5000 stickers
Way cheaper than any other option I've found.
EDIT: Don't have any pics at the moment, but can post some after work if anyone is interested in seeing it.
It does 8 digits, has a DATE stamp, and also the "/". I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just need to keep it hidden from my daughter......

Last edited: