What's new

Taking my CCW Course!

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Congrats. Obtaining a CCW in California is like pulling hen's teeth. In the other States we lived in it was simply a matter of applying. Here, even as a former Law Enforcement Officer, the hassle is too much. Took me far too long and cost far too much.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I did mine when we first had chance here in ark and it was 2 four hour days how long is yours do you know yet ?
Class started at 8am and went until 6:00. That included a written test and 50 live rounds fired at 7, 10, and 15 yards. I scored a perfect 100 without a single shot outside the 10 ring....but I was using a bull barreled .22LR so I felt like I was cheating a bit :razz:

Now I just need to submit it to the county and wait for the permit in the mail!

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
move to Vermont, no permit needed for concealed carry....if you ever want to take a course at Sig Arms Academy in NH let me know..

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Congrats. I need to go shooting. My old squad SGT at the Sheriff's Department runs the range now so I am sure I could go shooting anytime I want. It is about ten minutes from my house too so I need to quit procrastinating.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
After completing my course it has been quite a pain getting an appointment scheduled at the Sheriffs office. However, I finally got one set up for next Monday. There I get to pay to have my fingerprints taken, pay for a handgun permit, then pay to submit my forms. Just a short 90 days later and I'll be approved. Isn't liberty great? :sarcastic

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had mine for about 6 years now. I think it might be a worse addiction that collecting cigars. I have a boatload of money invested in guns

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well, I just got back from my appointment at the sheriff's office. Picked up a purchase permit and sent in my CCW paperwork for approval (less than 90 days away from carrying!).

Oddly enough, once I left the sheriff's office I hailed a cab to take me back (didn't wanna walk the 8 blocks in 100 degree heat). I got to small talk with the cab driver and he mentioned how last night he picked up a sketchy guy and drove him around town. Long story short, the driver lifted up his shirt and showed me he carries a 1911 in his waistband. It doesn't surprise me that cab drivers carry, I just found it funny he showed me his gun the day I get my permit and I've ridden in a hundred cabs before and never had that happen