What's new

Talk to me about Nordings

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I've been in love with Nordings (and by extension, pipes such as Boswells) for a long time, and now that my fight with depression is getting better, I want to pick up something unique.

Problem is, I rarely hear anything either way about them. Granted I know they arent for everyone, but I've held off because of the lack of positive feedback (keep in mind I haven't searched anything out, I just don't see Nording mentioned ever)

Can anyone shed some light on if they are worth picking up?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
IMHO, Yes, I’d pick one up. I have a Nording Signature smooth freehand. Which basically is the pipe, naked. No stain or anything. Oh and Eric’s signature on it. Now I’m not too sure if he signs them all individually or not but it’s on there.

I absolutely love mine. And the more I smoke it I get much joy watching it change to darker colors over time. Obviously, the more you smoke it the darker it gets plus I think certain blends of tobacco help get it to that point too, but I hope maybe some seasoned pipers can correct me on that if I’m wrong.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yes I enjoyed my Nordings! I had one when I was pretty new to piping and unfortunately it had a very tight tenon / mortise joint. Instead of doing the right thing I struggled to twist it off each time (with my teeth) I cleaned and eventually bit through the stem as this is how I would overcome the tightness. In terms of unique look and how they are as a smoker, they are damn good. I had a straight bull dog (that classic semi rustication, dark forest nording look) and a Virgin grain signature poker too, both smoked very well and it was my stupidity that caused the drama with the stem.

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m primarily a corn cob pipe smoker but have a Nording on my list. They are priced right look amazing and what little I have been able to find out is owners really like them. With Christmas around the corner as well as my birthday unforeseen me gifting one to myself this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys, I was looking on SP before I posted. CVA, you and I have very similar tastes. I found that since I got my little moonshine unfinished pipe I really dig the raw wood look.

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only thing holding me back is not being able to put hands on it first, as I have BIG hands and the few Im looking at seem to be carved for a certain grip. They are attractively priced tho

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The only thing holding me back is not being able to put hands on it first, as I have BIG hands and the few Im looking at seem to be carved for a certain grip. They are attractively priced tho
I have big hands too. The freehand signature I think would suit well. I purchased mine blind and was very happy with what I got.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OOOH, I like several of those. I am not a fan of man-made imperfections like rustication, that second pic is pretty and looks (and I'll assume) natural.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
OOOH, I like several of those. I am not a fan of man-made imperfections like rustication, that second pic is pretty and looks (and I'll assume) natural.
The second one isn't finished but it's different. I really can't explain it. Never seen a pipe finished like that before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Here's mine, bought it off a BOTL some of you might remember from another time and place (Shawn, AKA Oldmso54) a number of years ago. Prettiest pipe I own, and the best smoker. Not that it gets much use, but when I do it's lovely.