What's new

Talking to a head hunter today

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been job hunting going on 2 years. (I'm employed so it hasn't been too rigorous, just looking) I'm finally talking to a head hunter today. I hope they can find me something. I'm in IT/Management and have done a little bit of everything. I do lack a degree but I hope 30+ years of business experience will count for something.

wish me luck! (or pray HARD, lol)

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I wish you the very best of luck, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

(We diabetics have to stick together!)

I have been looking for a year and a half without a job. The economy is just so tough right now....Really sucks.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I recently completed a 6 month course on healthcare IT on my track, focused on Electronic Health Record project conversion management. The teacher of the course was approached by the HH (actually someone at a very large Tech/IT placement firm) and she communicated it to her students. The HH was very happy to when I called and so far has been very positive about being able to place me.

It's a 3 month contract to hire set up though so that's a bit scary. My wife is head of medical records at a large local hospital and she said that was pretty standard for the industry and you normally had to be REALLY bad to not get hired.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Not too late to get a degree into your resume. I was enlisted much of my military career, but was fortunate to get into a selective program and got a commission without a degree. I first talked to a headhunter about 8 years ago, late in my military career. He'd come to the base to talk to junior officers about opportunities on the outside. I stayed after and asked what he would do for me if I were to get out at that time - 23 years of service as a supply chain professional, manager, supervisor, department head.....He asked "What's your degree in?" I told him I didn't have one and he said, "Come talk to me after you get a degree."
That was some eye opener, I'll tell you. I never had any desire to go back to school before and cruising into my early 40's and towards military retirement, it was farthest thing from my mind. Within weeks, I was taking night classes and am so very glad now that I got that degree. It would be impossible to overstate the improvement in my employability and income simply because of that degree.

Good luck to you!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Meeting went well and she wasn't concerned about my lack of degree! I will continue to work on it though. I should start hearing from her in about a week about opportunities. She's checking all my personal references first.