What's new

Taste Test #6 PLPC OEB ABR 07

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Reveiwer #1

First inspection of the cigar revealed a light milk chocolate wrapper with an obvious triple cap. Veins were apparent as was the visible tooth the length of the wrapper. The cigar appeared to have come from a cabinet given the roundness and lack of a box press. Under the nose there was a fragrant perfume prior to lighting. Not sure what to expect, I was hoping for a treat.

It's Sunday morning. I've put a hectic week behind me and even more hectic weekend. I'm done with graduation parties and weddings for the most part. The weather has finally turned for 2 days and today is a beauty. I head out to the patio with a cup of coffee and the dog. Nary a cloud in sight. A few gliders dot the sky and the birds are chirping away. I'm in the shade and there's a cool breeze afloat.

On to lighting. The clip revealed a loose draw but not to loose where it would detract from the smokig experience. The cigar took to the flame easily...I let it settle for a minute prior to my first draw. Initial flavors were that of herbs/vegetables. Uncanny floral aspect to this cigar in the first few puffs. There's a little body to it but I'm not picking up any bold spices as of yet. This cigar is giving off lots of smoke which I like. I'm picking up bitter leather mixed in and a bit of heavily roasted almonds in the background. The second third leaves the vegetal aspect behind and picks up more in the creaminess that coats the palate. More leather comes ot the forefront of the profile. The last third sees the floral flavors return. This has been a medium bodied cigar throughout. The ash had visible tooth and held on for an inch or two. The burn was even throughout with little need for touch-ups.

Overall this was a decent cigar but not a flavor profile I would choose for a morning smoke. A little to harsh for my liking in the morning. Given the vegetal/floral/creaminess aspects, I'm going to guess this is either an ERdM Petit Corona or SLR Petit Corona. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this taste test and for the cigar!

Revierer #2

Nice looking cigar with a smooth medium brown wrapper. Pre lite draw is good but has a bitter taste.

It starts bitter but with a good draw. I smoke about a third and put it down as I can't get this bitter taste out of my mouth.

My guess this is a young cigar deep in it's sick phase.

Reveiwer #4

Appearance: This is a classic size PC with no soft or hard spots. Med shade wrapper.

Drink: Rum & Coke from the cigar lounge

Cut: This cigar cut nice and even with Xiker cutter

Pre Light Draw: This cigar draws like a dream and I taste flavors of spicyness and dark coffee.

1/3 As exprected this cigar draws easy. I would classify it a full bodied. I get good flavors of earthyness and espresso. Cigar has a very nice med grey colored ash.

2/3 This cigar is burning and drawing well. Still getting Espresso, earthyness and now I'm starting to taste oak from like a oak casket whiskey barrel. Noticed a stem poking my lip? After tugging on it a few times. I pull out a 2 1/2'' stem.

3/3 With that stem out this cigar is drawing even better, didn't think that would be possible. All the flavors I mentioned from the 2/3 are still there but they have mellowed out a bit. No draw or burn issues from begining to end.

Final thoughts: This is an excellent full bodied cigar that should not be smoked first thing in the morning. But if you are looking for a full bodied that ins't over powering with good flavors of earth, coffee and oak cask this is what I would highly recomend.

Score: Solid 89

Reveiwer #6

Cigar #6 was a very, very good example of what NOT to do when blind reviewing a cigar. I did my best to study and observe everything that the stick had to offer and came up with some conclusions even before I took a draw...

The problem was that those conclusions tainted every aspect of smoking the cigar!
I thought it looked like it was a certain cigar, I thought it was constructed like it was a certain cigar and I even thought the prelight tasted like it was a certain cigar. When it lit it up; yup, sure enough, I thought it DEFINITELY tasted like it was a certain cigar... cue gratuitous smacking of the forehead.

The smoke was relatively full bodied and coated the palate nicely with some creamy sweet tastes. After a few puffs it was accompanied by richer, more roasted flavors like cocoa & coffee. There were definitely tannins present but they seemed to be a nice compliment to the rich tastes the cigar exuded. I liked this cigar and it reminded me a lot of a box of 07 CCEs I've smoked from recently. Now, whether this was truthful or I was still jaded after my pre-light synopsis, I don't know. I thought the cigar was a Siglo II then and I've got to stick with it. This cigar was definately young. Lets go 2007.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I got zero PLPC characteristics out of this....very, very interesting.
I see at least one other person finds it somewhat bitter and another agrees this isn't a morning smoke. This particular box should be buried deep and let slumber for quite a few years.

As an aside, the best PLPC I've ever had were from KMM NOV04. These were like smoking candy canes. Oh the memories....

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I got zero PLPC characteristics out of this....very, very interesting.
I see at least one other person finds it somewhat bitter and another agrees this isn't a morning smoke. This particular box should be buried deep and let slumber for quite a few years.

As an aside, the best PLPC I've ever had were from KMM NOV04. These were like smoking candy canes. Oh the memories....
I have a cab of those resting (KMM NOV04) maybe time to dig them out.

I found this cigar "Not ready for prime time" but with most time should benifit these cigars.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I've got a cab of these and don't think it has much in common with what I smoked here. Very interesting as I would have never thought they would be this inconsistent. Very cool example of why tastings are useful!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
smoked it yesterday! i thought it was dry and harsh at first, though it quickly mellowed out. it was a tad lumpy w/bigass veins! good burn, cool looking steely layered ash that was fairly dense. flavor didn't change much,,, mostly leather and dry grass. not bad!

my guess: PLPC OEB ABR 07 (hehe)

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Dang!!

I would have never guessed PLPC either? But I haven't smoked alot of them.

I enjoyed this cigar and look forward to trying more of them in the future.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Another CC not only have I not tried, it but I'm not even similiar with it at all, thanks for the reviews gentlemen!