ash 7
draw 8
burn 7
flavor/blend 27
uniqueness 9
smoke 10
finish 7

total 85

Nice dark, veiny natural wrapper, with a cuban-like band that yells "11 dolla love you long time"!:razz: Draw was a little loose, and the burn was uneven the first half of the smoke, but evened out towards the middle.
Nice white ash that was a little flakey and not tremendously sturdy, which is seen as fallout on my t-shirt. First third of the cigar had a woody core that was very peppery with hints of raisins. Towards the middle the core became more earthy, the spice went away, and sweet coffee flavors started to seep in. It went out a couple times in the middle, which was annoying, but kept its flavor after being relit. It was burning in the middle much faster than on the outside. Earthiness really started to take over towards the final third of the cigar, but also had some harsh spots as well, which I had to wash away with my beer. It ended on a harsh note a little to soon, kinda like my last relationship.The smoke was nice a thick throughout, and overall I liked the cigar, and hope the next one is constructed a little better. Pretty unique cigar all in all.:stretchgr

Anybody else got a take on this one?

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Im new to tats as well, but after this one Im definately going to be trying some more! I got two more of these in my humi Im gonna age for a little while. I have a 2006 on the way as well, which Im looking forward too as well

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
nice review! i'm still real new to the tats. but sounds just right!!

thanks again,
jeff
Gee, I knew you wanted to trade for them in the newbie trade thing (me being the newbie, of course), but didn't realize that they were something you hadn't been exposed to... hmm... things that make you say "boom" :tazerblas :wink:

I'd have to say, my favorite is still the Reserva J21, though the ...err, now I forget the frontmark... the white bank with red, black, and blue designs/ letterings on it... whatever - the white, larger- banded tat is right up there with it, a tad smoother with more white-peppery 'kick' to it. The cost (~20 a stick at the local B&M, 19 at holt's) is what makes me shy away from that one, else i'd have a tough time choosing between the J21 and the white- banded one.

Picked up a box of the casiques and another of the j21's wednesday at holts (i went downtown in philly for thesis work and just happened to walk the 6 city blocks to holts...). Well, and a box of Monte Afrique Sublimations, and 2 each of the fuente woam's and king B's, and lastly three oliva MB I torps (uh, YUMM!). Everything for under 120 bucks total - nice to have friends in high places :stretchgr . He offered me the ability to buy one of the graycliff purple labels (pulled a box out of his personal stash) but I've never ever had a graycliff and politely shied away from the 29 dollar a stick offer... anyone ever had them? Opinions? Is the "churchill- grande"/ presidente size that unique (8.5 x 46rg) to graycliff that it warrants that kind of price?

Sorry for the thread hijack... again... So, err, yeah - tats are good :wink:
Just my 2 cents,
ZugbugPete

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The Cojonu 2003 is good, but IMHO the 2006 is better -- albeit a tab bit stronger. One of my favorites when I'm in the mood for a strong cigar.

*BUT* having said that, I firmly believe that they need time to rest inthe humidor. I've had several "fresh" ones, burned within a month or two of the box code on the bottom (Thank you, Don Pepin, for putting box codes on NCs) and I've also had several with close to a year on them. The age difference is HUGE -- they might as well be two totally different cigars!

I'd suggest buying some an sitting on them for about at least 6 to 9 months.

Oh, and if you like the Brown Label Tats, I'd suggest you really try the Tainos and the Noellas sizes; they're my two favorite vitolas of the brand.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've had the 2003 and the 2006, and I like the 03 better. But, I had both as singles, and have no idea the age. I might have had a young 06. In any case, both were nice flavorful, full-bodied smokes with a little creaminess thrown in. I also like the Havana VI. (maybe more than the 03 and 06).

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I also like the Havana VI. (maybe more than the 03 and 06).
The Havana VI series (Red label Tatuajes) are very good. I find that the flavor is very similar to the Brown labels, but pack a lot less punch in the gut. That's likely due to the fact that the Red labels don't use tons of ligero leaves in the blend, whereas the Brown labels do....and the Cojonus use the most (or so I've heard).

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nice review. I have a box of each of the brown label miamis resting in their own cooledor.