What's new

Tatuaje Havana VI (Red Label)

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tatuaje Havana VI (Red Label)
Lancero 6.0"x38

20181130_075806.jpg

Prelight (no prelight picture, I forgot):
This was stored at 69% with bovedas. Upon removing the cello I found a smooth, dark, and appropriately oily wrapper. Slightly firm, smooth even construction. Only minor veins showing. Finished with a button cap that was clipped with a guillotine. Lit with indirect heat until cherry glow, exhale through the cigar, small touch up with indirect heat, then smoking away.

First Third:
With all of these bombs I'm smoking I have been looking them up to find out more about them, this means I end up looking for the flavors that they are described to have. With that said in the first third of this cigar I could taste what I cold relate to the black cherry flavor this supposedly has. Good smoke production, good burn that start to act like it wanted to run on me, but it fixed itself. I also picked up some floral notes and just a hint of spice lingering on my palate.

Second Third:
As this keeps burning I'm starting to really understand the flavor that is black cherry. I also started getting a cedar note which I think is what started as a floral type note. The spice continues to build to just a mild spice remaining on my tongue between draws. Burn is even still, good smoke production.

Final Third:
As I rounded third and headed for home on this cigar the black cherry has transitioned into a deep dark sweetness akin to molasses. The cedar flavor is now very prevalent, but not overwhelming. The spice lingering transitioned into a pepper, but more like a mild pink peppercorn not a black pepper. I also found myself tasting some leather before I finished smoking.

Overall, I would definitely smoke again, something that I would consider buying a box of in the future. Total smoke time was right at an hour. Very happy to have had the opportunity to smoke this, thanks @Pennywise827