What's new

Tatuaje SW clarification

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does the Tatuaje SW come in various iterations, i.e., Miami, Reserva, Reserva Broadleaf, Maduro, etc.? If so, are the flavor profile markedly different?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Think there’s different wrappers or have been in the past. I’ve not smoked them all so I don’t know. I’m also not sure if there’s still different wrappers. I know there have been different wrappers. I’m not much help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally, it was called SW Reserva, similar to the J21 or the RC lines.

In 2009, there was a small run of the SW Reserva Maduro, with a Maduro wrapper

Then it has had a few iterations with broadleaf wrappers, and also th SW Short being released in 2018 if I'm not mistaken

More information here:

In my opinion, the original tastes different from the Maduro and Broadleaf versions, but mostly because of the wrapper variation. Hard to identify the differences because most likely there are only two versions running production at this moment

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
SW Reserva and SW short are both regular production, Miami made with an Ecuadorian Habano Rosado Claro wrapper. The SW Reserva broadleaf is regular production but Nicaraguan made with a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper. If you come across a maduro from ‘09 it will have a reserva band without “broadleaf”underneath.

Never had the maduro, but the CB is med-full earthy, sweet, rich, with a slight (but balanced) bitterness. The Reserva is the complete opposite;
Mild-med light with a creamy, nutty/toasty profile. Both are awesome fresh; the Broadleaf collection never aged very well IMHO. I have a box of Unicos from the OR (Sep ‘17) and they aren’t great

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original SW Reserva Maduro was the best and one of my all time favorites. It was a tribute Paul Hernandez (RIP). I have two sticks left and the original box.