What's new

Tatuaje TAA 2015

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Let me start by saying that my favorite NC cigar is the Tatuaje TAA 2011. It's perfect for my palate and I hate that I can't find anymore anywhere. A little over a year ago a guy posted a pic on Instagram of the TAA 2015 and the TAA 2011 side by side and I made the comment that the 2011 is my favorite. One thing lead to another and he told me that the Tat TAA 2015 is a rerelease of the 2011.

I immediately bought a box.

Just over a year later, tonight, I opened the box, pulled the first one out to smoke it.

The cigar looks the same as the 2011. Feels the same. Same size. Cold draw tasted the same as I remember it. Oh man!

I lit it. The first 1/3 was spot on! VICTORY! Notes of cedar with a hint of grass and what I can only describe as red meat. Maybe steak... I feel like I've just won the lottery or robbed a leprechaun of the greatest treasure to ever come from Tatuaje.

As I move into the 2/3, there's a foul taste. My boner from the 1/3 immediately disappears and i'm panicking. What the crap just happened? It's that same taste of a brand new cigar that is ROTT... young and ammonia flavored. 3 more draws on the cigar and the same thing. So I blow slowly through the stick (TWSS) hoping to purge it of this satanic flavor that is ruining my precious. I also start praying that the rest of the cigars in my box (TWSS) are not also going to smoke the same way. Time will tell and I'll let you know.

Looks like the few purges got rid of the ammonia taste. Flavor transitions back to the flavor party I was expecting. YAHTZEE! But I'm not fully enjoying it at this point out of fear of that taste coming back. Almost like when your muscle cramp goes away but you're afraid to move because it might come back.

The burn line is razor sharp! No touchups at all yet and the ash is hanging on like a champ. Speaking of the ash, it's a beautiful gray color. The smoke output is like a chimney! I love cigars that put tons of smoke in your mouth and in the air. You could almost chew this smoke!

The final 3/3 brings home the goodness. Like a damn fiesta in my mouth! Other than the satan's fart making an appearance in the 2/3 for a bit, this cigar profile never changed on me. Cedar, grass, red meat, and dark chocolate every now and then.

Would I say it's as good as the TAA 2011... no. That is the pinnacle for me. Is it a great cigar? Freaking right it is!

Overall score: 43 million (or a 9.3 for you aficionados)

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Let me start by saying that my favorite NC cigar is the Tatuaje TAA 2011. It's perfect for my palate and I hate that I can't find anymore anywhere. A little over a year ago a guy posted a pic on Instagram of the TAA 2015 and the TAA 2011 side by side and I made the comment that the 2011 is my favorite. One thing lead to another and he told me that the Tat TAA 2015 is a rerelease of the 2011.

I immediately bought a box.

Just over a year later, tonight, I opened the box, pulled the first one out to smoke it.

The cigar looks the same as the 2011. Feels the same. Same size. Cold draw tasted the same as I remember it. Oh man!

I lit it. The first 1/3 was spot on! VICTORY! Notes of cedar with a hint of grass and what I can only describe as red meat. Maybe steak... I feel like I've just won the lottery or robbed a leprechaun of the greatest treasure to ever come from Tatuaje.

As I move into the 2/3, there's a foul taste. My boner from the 1/3 immediately disappears and i'm panicking. What the crap just happened? It's that same taste of a brand new cigar that is ROTT... young and ammonia flavored. 3 more draws on the cigar and the same thing. So I blow slowly through the stick (TWSS) hoping to purge it of this satanic flavor that is ruining my precious. I also start praying that the rest of the cigars in my box (TWSS) are not also going to smoke the same way. Time will tell and I'll let you know.

Looks like the few purges got rid of the ammonia taste. Flavor transitions back to the flavor party I was expecting. YAHTZEE! But I'm not fully enjoying it at this point out of fear of that taste coming back. Almost like when your muscle cramp goes away but you're afraid to move because it might come back.

The burn line is razor sharp! No touchups at all yet and the ash is hanging on like a champ. Speaking of the ash, it's a beautiful gray color. The smoke output is like a chimney! I love cigars that put tons of smoke in your mouth and in the air. You could almost chew this smoke!

The final 3/3 brings home the goodness. Like a damn fiesta in my mouth! Other than the satan's fart making an appearance in the 2/3 for a bit, this cigar profile never changed on me. Cedar, grass, red meat, and dark chocolate every now and then.

Would I say it's as good as the TAA 2011... no. That is the pinnacle for me. Is it a great cigar? Freaking right it is!

Overall score: 43 million (or a 9.3 for you aficionados)
Nice In-Depth review, Good luck with the rest
Thanks man! I'm about to smoke another one from the box tonight to see if it does the same thing.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I missed these last year, but just traded for a fiver after reading the reviews. Ive only had one, but didn't really care for it. Not my flavor profile I guess.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I am an unranked noob remember? Not going to have a cage match with a veteran here!
I am goofy, but not stupid.
Hahaha, you'll be fair game soon enough.. But you really don't know how right you are.. You don't want to go toe to toe with @bwhite220, his capacity for douchebaggery is boundless, and brings shame upon all those who rise up against him.. ;)