What's new

Te Amo - Torito

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Short cigar, good for a quick(ish) smoke after dinner. Coarse maduro wrapper, somewhat on the veiny side.

Burn was uneven, but no to the point where it really affected the smoke. Smoke was rich and dense, on the medium-full end of the spectrum. Burned a little hot throughout, not one that you can rush through, gotta take some time between puffs. Ash was a nice grey, but flaked apart considerably, and didn't hold to the cigar for very long at all.

I couldn't really distinguish a specific taste (but then again I usually don't when I smoke), other than what I can only describe as a deep, woodiness that I notice in many maduros. This is definately not for smokers who dislike maduros. Finish lingered in the mouth for some time. The blend was not harsh, but not smooth either. Draw was excellent, and it produced plenty of smoke.

I give it a 6/10; not counting .5 points for a good price. (If my memory serves me, I paid in the $30-40 range for a box, but that was several months ago.)

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Very nice review!

Cigars like this one might improve over time. You would be surprised what happens to that cigar when you smoke another one in about a year or so.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
well, i have another 18 or so sitting in my humi, and i plan on stretching them out for some time to come. im not always in the mood for this cigar, and the last time i had one was probably at least 3 months ago, but when i do light one up, im not dissappointed.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
and now that i think of it indyrob, unless you hate the one you got today :grin: if i remember that far in the future you too might be surprised.... :transform :devil: