What's new

Temperature Issue In Newair Wineador

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my Newair CC300 temp set to 69 degrees but am getting readings on the display and hygrometers of 62-63 degrees. The ambient temp in the house is 73. Do any of you get that big a temp variance?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The newair isn't going to reduce Temps much more then 10 degrees below ambient so that's about where I would expect temps to be if the unit was set as low as it would go

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Sort of. It will always cool it to at least 10 degrees cooler than the ambient temperature. If your house is 73, it will cool it to 63. It can’t handle only a 3 degree difference. In the winter, I just unplug my units. It got so cool here that I actually unplugged them last night.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Newair CC300 temp set to 69 degrees but am getting readings on the display and hygrometers of 62-63 degrees. The ambient temp in the house is 73. Do any of you get that big a temp variance?
Either your hygrometers are off, or the panel display is off. Probably the latter. I would just set it to whatever gets the temp you want according to the hygrometers.
I have my cc-300 panel set at 68, and that keeps it at about 70 according to my three sensorpush hygrometers, which I trust. Mine is in a garage, and it has no problem maintaining that temp whether the ambient temp is 75 or 85 or whatever.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sort of. It will always cool it to at least 10 degrees cooler than the ambient temperature. If your house is 73, it will cool it to 63. It can’t handle only a 3 degree difference. In the winter, I just unplug my units. It got so cool here that I actually unplugged them last night.
First I was mistaken about the ambient temp. The house temp is actually 64 but you touched on a thought I had. I was wondering how much impact ambient temp has on the wineador. I thought I had read somewhere in the forums that some guys unplug their units in the cooler months. I unplugged mine last night and this morning both hygrometers show 64-65 degrees.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If I set mine at 66 and the ambient temp is 72, it stayed about 67-69 degrees. That’s usually where I keep it.

EDIT: I usually unplug mine during the winter months too. How full it is also makes a difference as to the accuracy of the unit’s display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I needed to educate myself somewhat about how the thermoelectric system works and I now see how impactful ambient temp is on these. Thanks so much for your imputado guys. You guys and this forum rock.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your house is at 64, then you wont sustain a temp higher than that. These only cool, not heat (there's a new one that does heat, but I think it's only the CC-100). If your place is already 64, you probably don't need to have yours plugged in.