What's new

Tennessee Dave turned loose in Bourbon Country part 3 of a few

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Started the day the best way in Bardstown...breakfast at Mammy's and then it was on to Clermont and Jim Beam. I have to say that this was maybe the best organized distillery location that we saw. The grounds are simple beautiful, the tour is both informative and entertaining. Seeing all those Beam Decanters from days gone by alone was worth the tour. Seeing the Master Distiller's house located on the hill above the distillery and the Booker Noe bronze were also highlights for me. Gift shop is pretty amazing and has eye candy to trap all kinds of folks.
IMG_4088.jpg IMG_4106.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4106.jpg
IMG_4107.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg

While there I saw a picture of the Beam home wall in the gift shop and found out that Jim Beam bought the house sometime in the early 1900's and it's been in the family ever since. This was Booker's home until his death in 2004. His wife Annis still lives there. Turns out the house was less than a quarter of a mile from the cottage we had rented so I had to go take a photo. Turns out that Fred Noe owns the house next to it.
IMG_4104.jpg
The way it looks today...home of Jim Beam and Booker Noe.
IMG_4143.jpg

On to Louisville for the Evan Williams Experience. This one is right downtown along the river. Had a few samples, decided to pass on a 23 year old Evan Williams at $279. My daughter needed the stamp to complete her Bourbon Trail passport.
IMG_4159.jpg

Attachments

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Nice Dave. Evan is kind of Disney like but we still had a good time when we did it. I'm sad that we didn't make it to Beam as it looks incredible.