What's new

Thanksgiving dinner!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Who's cookin and what!? We are hosting our family this year (3 year rotation about 50 people) so I'm on turkey duty. Like to see who and what else is goin down.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We do our thanksgiving for lunch. We probably will be at home this year. Usually its' Turkey and a ham. mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans (canned home grown) and things that will kill me for desert. (cake, pie, pudding, ice cream). Then it's a walk in the park next to our house, some serious napping followed by left overs and a movie.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Unfortunately it's a vegan Thanksgiving this year. Got to support my peeps. The other way is to smoke a duck with cherry wood and glaze with a honey tamerind sauce. You just have to be extra careful when the fat renders not to burn down your back yard.

Last edited:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Very traditional at the Ruppert household this year. Turkey (cooked in the oven) with sage dressing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, etc. My daughter and her girlfriend will not be able to make it home so it will just be a small gathering with my wife, my son and his girlfriend. Of course my wife doesn't know how to do anything in a small way so I'm sure we'll have enough leftovers until a couple of days before Christmas.:D

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Got my 22 pond bird yesterday, and will do the traditional oven roast for 15 people. Also making the stuffing and gravy from scratch, family members will be rounding out the menu with smashed potatoes, salad, rolls, home made pies, etc....Yum!

Love spending the day in and out of the kitchen with football in the background and the smell of the turkey filling the house.

Hope everyone has a wonderful turkey day :)

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Got my 22 pond bird yesterday, and will do the traditional oven roast for 15 people. Also making the stuffing and gravy from scratch, family members will be rounding out the menu with smashed potatoes, salad, rolls, home made pies, etc....Yum!

Love spending the day in and out of the kitchen with football in the background and the smell of the turkey filling the house.

Hope everyone has a wonderful turkey day :)
Pics or anything sounding that good definitely did not happen lol

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
This is the year the family rotates with another family at their house, or as I call it "Cranberryland", the woman puts the damn things in every dish on the table.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My uncles smoking a turkey and some ribs, and my grandma insisted on a normal cooked turkey. Personally I'm bringing up a pie. I think we might have a good amount of family together this year. It will be good. Unfortunately I believe it will be a no cigar day, to many big family's and lots of children up in the cabin.
-broadleaf