What's new

Thanksgiving 'Weekend' Smokes

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
With the smaller ring guage cigars you want to take slower smaller draws, almost like sips.

It also helps immensely if you can exhale out through the nose too. :thumbsup:

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
caudio51 said:
Let me hear these tips...

I usually gravitate towards larger rings but the 1495 was smaller and I enjoyed it a lot.
The "tips" comment was for all the tips I get in general but the one specific was the need to smoke the smaller ring gauges much slower to not burn through all the subtle flavors of the cigar. It's supposedly much easier to miss these flavors of the smaller ring gauges if smokes too quickly.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Ah, I usually tend to take longer fuller draws. I will have to try that next time.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
caudio51 said:
Ah, I usually tend to take longer fuller draws. I will have to try that next time.
Well, longer SOFT draws can work well too but you must be careful that you do not "stoke" the embers too much with a long draw. A good way to make sure of this is to smoke at night, or in the dark. When you can see the burn start to approach the wrapper leaf and burn down on that, it's time to stop drawing. Combustion will continue once you cease drawing and if you draw too much in an attempt to even out the burn, it will be overheated. I've found that when you can watch the burn, it's exponentially easier to prevent overheating.